Challenge #851 (11/10/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #851 for Friday 11th of October 2019 is:

tree house

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Oct 14, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice theme for a rainy weekend! Let me do the kick-off with a WIP

final (for now)

9 Likes

Very nice theme. Should be fun!

1 Like

hi,

pure - eevee render - blender 2.8

5 Likes

Tree Home
Pure

10 Likes

first time I got here early. this time I`ll make it count. here is a sneak peek:

3 Likes

So here is my entry:
“Fantasy Treehouse”
pure - cycles - blender2.8

it was done in cycles, 600 samples, minor enhancing done in photoshop. all textures from https://cc0textures.com, all assets, including the mushrooms and grass were done by me. here is the AO pass, if you are interested:

21 Likes

Stunning image!

1 Like

Platform

Pure entry, 1000 samples.

3 Likes

Hello,
IF “sapling tree addon”>too much THEN “OPEN” ELSE “PURE”

9 Likes

If the addon comes with blenders factory software then I would still say pure, as anyone with blender would be able to create it without buying anything or using another software. I think you should be safe with pure here.

3 Likes

“Literal treehouse”
pure

I decided on a more loose interpretation of the theme, and created a house that is a tree. Every single tree you can see was generated with the sapling addon. Rendertime is 36 minutes with 512 samples.
I rendered it in 2.81 to utilize the new denoiser.

24 Likes

My entry:
Secluded Treehouse above a Creek
Pure, competing

Cycles + Compositor + D-NOISE Denoiser
I managed to get away with 24 samples and use a denoiser to finish the job, plus a despeckle node.
This week’s challenge was very enjoyable. It is nice that I got a chance to do something this week too!

20 Likes

Man, game on! Some really top shelf stuff. I may have to fire up the monkey this week.

5 Likes

Here is my entry.

12 Likes

u pretty much nailed it with this entry! Congrats already.

2 Likes

“Tree House”

non competing (pure), cycles (128 samples + denoising)

11 Likes

ooo, one hell of a take! In the tree!

1 Like

Bet the squirrels love that tree.

1 Like

TriHouse

Non-competing, pure. Cycles 256 samples + denoising + compositing, text and other elements made in Blender, color level correction in GIMP.

4 Likes