Challenge #852 (18/10/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #852 for Friday 18th of October 2019 is:

Entropy

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Oct 21, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Quantum in a box - Weak Force

Non-competing

Cycles, 10000 samples, HDRI lighting, particle systems, compositor filter for halos

The weak force is one of the four fundamental forces that govern all matter in the universe (the other three are gravity, electromagnetism and the strong force ). While the other forces hold things together, the weak force plays a greater role in things falling apart, or decaying

I saw a science journal article on quantum weak force interaction based on mostly gobbly gook but it did have a really cool image of quantum caught in a box. I hate that a lot of what is spoken as science fact is in reality just dressed up metaphysics. Here is my interpretation of the same thought in a highly stylized fashion.

The cycle of science: try figure stuff out > make stuff up > prove it wrong > very infrequently figure out a little bit of the stuff correctly > back to try figure stuff out

Entropy and bounded chaos are fascinating in open systems.

12 Likes

Just a quick one, pure

7 Likes

pure - eevee render - blender 2.80

6 Likes

“Dying Star”
Pure - 2.8
750 Samples

9 Likes

Hello,
PURE entry
Cycles 512s, Ivy gen used

8 Likes

Cosmic Flower

Pure entry. Cycles 256 samples + denoising + compositing, procedural textures.

11 Likes

The Mesh
Simple mirrored consistent configurations
Pure entry
Blender 2.80, cycles render 512 samples + denoising

7 Likes

What going on everyone. :grin:

Won’t be entering much started work a month ago and only have one day off on second shift will mostly be voting when I have the time and makeing small renders if I enter. :grin:

3 Likes

I went for the good ol’ gif this weekend.

Entropy Visualizer

4 Likes

The Marble Universe

because entropy is inevitable

Pure entry, 1500 samples.

9 Likes

Pure entry done in EEVEE and going to call this one.

“Entropy of Suzanne”

5 Likes

Monkey Decay

Pure Entry - Cycles - Particle system

7 Likes

Memento mori, Susanna!

Pure entry

2.81 beta, cycles render (64 samples with AI denoising), 8x5 aspect ratio, composition is Golden Triangles. Can’t say there’s anything I did for this that I’ve never done before, unless you count making a Suzanne-skull (edited to add: the broken object detail on the right, pretty sure I’ve never done that before). Wanted a spooky take on the theme since it’s October.

SuzanneSkull008.blend (771.5 KB)

1 Like

Disintegration

Pure entry. Blender 2.80, Cycles. I spent most time on lighting and probably could go on forever. There are so many possible setups! But I had to stop, so this is my final render.

7 Likes

“Extravagant Entryway”
Pure, Competing, Cycles 256 samples, Denoising, Post-pro

It’s been a while, and I am really out of practice.

Some really cool entries this week, as always. Good luck all. :grinning:

3 Likes