Challenge #853 (25/10/19) Entries CLOSED

Living Free

1000 samples, minor correction.

because the rent’s never due :wink:

Pure Entry, 1500 samples, cutting it close.

2 Likes

“below the ground”

All the best,
Damien

6 Likes

pure
“Revealed”

15 Likes

Not an entry, couldn’t do anything this weekend.

Ant organized into different parts, time to start refining, make a few different castes (soldier, worker, scout etc)

3 Likes

Getting limbo vibes :smile:

1 Like

Cave of the Giant Black Widow spiders

Non-Competing

Cycles, 5000 samples, Dynamic paint physics, Graswald ($), re-used spider model, everything else is new

2 Likes

Love the theme, didn’t knew right away what to do with it, and after some failures I came up with this:

Pure, 25 samples + intel denoiser. Hope u like it!

Nice Surprise

wire;

6 Likes

"And Next ?"
Pure Evee (except the halo made under photoshop)

I recently discovered the work of Roman Klčo and I really like this kind of “mini world”. So, I was inspired directly.

7 Likes

Here’s my entry, didn’t get where I wanted with it. I wanted to get in some character work this week but sadly I had a lot of schoolwork and it interrupted my efforts.

Unclaimed Throne
Pure

4 Likes

Hello everyone! Have been silently watching for a while and decided to take part finally :smiley: These challenges seem like a very good way to learn without allowing my overcommitting issue to take over :stuck_out_tongue:

“Horror below the ground”
Pure, Cycles (only placed logo with image editor) !

4 Likes

Unearthing the Chaos

Non-competing but pure. Cycles 256 samples + denoising, procedural textures, compositing in Blender, level correction with GIMP.

Dead Space fan art, featuring the Marker relic, made from plane object with solidify + array + simple deform (twist & taper) modifier.

2 Likes

Welcome, nice to have you here. Do i see an ostrich? lovely idea.

Pure, Cycles

8 Likes

Thank you, nice to be here! Yes indeed there is an Ostrich there :smiley: :smiley: i have to credit my gf for helping me favor that idea over another one i had (yes the other one had an Ostrich as well :P)

2 Likes

Non-competing. DC Metro

There were supposed to be trains but they weren’t working out for me. The whole project was biting off more than I can chew really but it was educational.

4 Likes

Suzanne Underground

Pure entry

2.81 beta, Eevee render (64 samples with AI denoising), 960x540 aspect ratio, composition is Harmonious Triangles. Can’t say there’s anything I did for this that I’ve never done before.

20191028SuzanneUnderground003.blend (668.1 KB)

I hate my computer. It crashed right after I pressed ctrl+s to save. Now all I have is an empty .blend file. :frowning:

No way I’m going to start something from scratch now…

Ugh sorry to hear it. :frowning:

The autosave didnt have a working file created?

1 Like

Grey Haven
"It is well known when peril falls upon travelers of the deep roads one must only make it to the lights of Grey Haven and all will be well.

Pure - 2.8
Post processing in Blender, Gimp

4 Likes