Challenge #855 (08/11/19) Entries CLOSED

“Grow,runaway or get run over” , Pure

Cycles 256 (branched for 2x subsurface), used 2.81 denoise node (with denoising data), total render time was ~15m.

This species of mushroom i inspired from is “Marasmius Haematocephalus”. However i wanted details to show up a bit more so i made them a bit bigger with shorter shafts.

Technical:

Each shroom is actually made from 3 parts: shaft,inner and outer (solidify modifier played a major part in the last 2)

For the moss i made individual models with bezier curves ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L5oIdd5Hlw )(+ added those long spore thingies that appear in moss often and only after i actually learned they are part of the same plant (split to gametophyta, bottom green part, and the top part, sporophyta). At least i was right that they are spores :stuck_out_tongue:

Rocks/soil is just displacement and particle collections as well.

Used this setup as my base for the bark: Procedural bark material

Ideally i wanted to have learned about doing cell fracture in 2.8 but the glass pieces were manually placed….Seemed too much to absorb for a single weekend XD

(i only re-uploaded since i noticed a noticeable drop between the render (either denoised or noisy) and the saved one…i had a search and it should have to do with macOS color profiles and blender profiles. i had to add a saturation node on the compositor to have a similar result on the saved image to what i originally viewed)

3 Likes