• deltaray
  • AlphaChannel
  • didierv
  • SHADOWSTORM
  • TheAwesomeYT
  • purbosky
  • Watndit

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Nov 27, 2019 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20191201-wc

Pure Entries

LeoBlenderToon: The plumber Myth

jutu74: 8lopo

PHBob: American Minion Broadcasting Company

RayVelcoro: Chinese Mythology

fcharr: The Avenger

Millani: The Well of the Mimir

FlyingBanana: Mythical Cracken Birthplace

MatthewK: The Minotaur

PyBlend: Lightning in a Bottle – Pure Zeus

deltaray: Mjölnir (Thor’s hammer)

AlphaChannel: SNAILTRAIL1

Open Entries

didierv: Anubis and Bastet

(Open entry for the egyptian textures.)

SHADOWSTORM: The Monkey King

(I marked this entry as “open”, since I used this assets:
Blend Swap | Knight medieval no textures
Blend Swap | monkey king … suzanne)

TheAwesomeYT: Down the pipe

purbosky: Andromeda_4b

(Open entry, guidelines for the woman and monster shapes made in Inkscape (SVG), imported then as curves. Cycles 256 samples + denoising, procedural textures.)

Watndit: The holy Grail.

(I go in as Open entry because i used a lot of textures from hdrihaven.com and textures.com .)

Non-competing Entries

OLG: Manticore

RobertT: ARIADNE’S THREAD

2 Likes

Just passing by to leave the link for the full resolution image here as well:

1 Like

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 857 with votes from 28.6% of the voters is… SHADOWSTORM!
Here’s to all the great participators…

The Monkey King

2 Likes

Congrats on the win @SHADOWSTORM Didn’t notice till I looked at the higher quality render that those were people. Awesome job!

2 Likes

I showed that image to my mother, an she thought they were bugs, like ants and stuff.

3 Likes

A moment of silence for the 0 vote person

1 Like

Less about the votes and more about the experience and growth :smiley:

1 Like

Congrats @SHADOWSTORM, great job!

1 Like

In the eyes of the Monkey King, they’re nothing but insects waiting to be squashed. :smiley:

1 Like

what about those people that only have 1 vote by voting for themselves (DEFINITELY not talking about me wink wink wink)

You got my F

what does that mean…?

Heh, hey thanks for the hat tip. I knew I didn’t execute very well this time. But I’m always happy when I can participate.

2 Likes

Is this female monkey in the first rendered image?

1 Like

Copy-pasted from my entry:
“This is Sun Wukong, the Monkey King, from the Chinese classical “The journey to the west”. Fun fact, this is the inspiration for the character Goku, from dragon ball z. So, if it is looking like anime, that’s not a coincidence.
I tried to do something that would make justice to the absurdity of the powers of this trickster immortal monkey, So, a full on battle scene.”
I didn’t get the question, but felt like explaining this again. the journey to the west is amazing :smile: