Challenge #863 "Anachronism" (03/01/20) Entries CLOSED

At long last! It’s been quite some time since I took part of the challenge (2 years!) but here I am again!
I’ll call this a pure entry (all is CG but the castle in the background). I’ve always been bad at names so lets just call it… err “Knight of the Mech”. Yeah that’ll do it.

To have it fit the theme my idea was to have this steampunk’ish mech in some medieval setting, but I dunno. Feels like I should have made it clearer. :confused:
Oh well you be the judge! :smiley:

8 Likes

Figured I would throw something together for this one since it might be @purbosky last time around for a bit. So figured a digital watch resting on a sundial.
Pure Entry 300 samples in Cycles and Filmic color adjustment calling this one…

“Out Of Time”

4 Likes

Border Control

Pure entry. The signs were made with inkscape, everything else was made in Blender.

In a time when it is so easy to travel from one country to another, it feels a bit odd that some people carrying one piece of paper get immediate entry to a country, while others with a different piece of paper have a lot of difficulty crossing borders.

3 Likes

Pure, Cycles, ‘Refreshment’

4 Likes

Pure entry. 128 samples for both. 10 minutes rendering the first angle. something like 25 for the second.

That Shouldn’t Be Here.

10 Likes

Hello Everyone. Happy new year.

This is my first time participating in a contest. I’ve read the rules but it’s a bit confusing, especially the part where I need to submit a link for the picture, and the size of the picture ( I don’t see links nor the sizes of the pictures are 250kb or less ).
So I’ll simply upload it and hope that this is the right way to do it XD

Pure, Cycles, 512 samples, Blender 2.81

6 Likes

Nice entry, great to have you around!
And you are right, the rules need a few updates. I’ll look into that soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Spaceship Ruins
Open entry using free textures from Poliigon

10 Likes

Welcome! The confusing and out of date rules have only led to minor skirmishes so nothing to worry about. :smiley:

Actually, the contests are just for fun and self growth as artists so while they are important, the rules are sometimes, appropriately, secondary.

If you disagree on how an entry was submitted you can always use your votes. All for fun anyway.

The entry size is a rule most ignore now as outdated.

3 Likes

Really like the rain effect. What technique did you use?

Hello there :wave:

I’m a first timer and I don’t want to break the rules but I noticed that no one is following them :smiley: so I thought I misunderstood the rules, or at least some of them.

I have absolutely no objections on anything that was,is, or going to be submitted. It’s all about having fun and sharing knowledge and ideas with the others. That’s why I wanted to participate. I wish everyone here good luck and I’m looking forward to seeing masterpieces submitted by my fellow blender-ers :v:

1 Like

low samples! hahaha

5 Likes

One could even say they’re chronologically out of place . :wink: :drum:

…I think I’ll just show myself the way out.

6 Likes

https://imgur.com/a/JzHwMU6

Pure entry. “A pyramid among the high-rises”

I have included a link to my entry. This is my first entry as well so I hope I am uploading this right. Also, one model is from a tutorial I followed previously but was made in Blender and so I am entering as pure. Please let me know if this is the incorrect category to enter in.

For a bit more description, I had a lot of ideas finally going with an old pyramid next to skyscrapers. By the time I got started I was short on time and this is what I could put together in a few hours. Next time I will definitely work on my time management more and give more time to texturing and to rendering.

1 Like

IPad 2020
Pure entry. Rendered in cycles with 400 Samples + Denoise.
And Happy New Year everybody.!!

7 Likes

Any chance it will be open for five more minutes?

It will. I’ll be home in about half an hour, so this thread will stay open a little longer tonight.
Btw.: Welcome back! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks! It feels great to be back.
So yeah I update my entry so also the castle is CG, just to make it more fair to call it pure

1 Like

Close up of the helmet.

Really fast build. Ugly geometry using boolean cutters but great for design concepts. In the main pic there were some weird reflections from the hdri I used to light the scene but the render time (rendered at 4K) kept me from re-doing it so called it good enough.

1 Like