Challenge #866 "Shattered" (24/01/20) Entries CLOSED

Biohazard Containment Breach
Pure, Competing

Blender 2.81 Cycles + Compositor
256 samples (denoised)

I used the lens distortion node quite aggressively in this scene. You can see the intense colours and chromatic aberration in the image.
The darkness help to hide the lack of textures in the scene. A lot of the surfaces are just a simple principled shader.

I will probably update this submission later as I am not entirely satisfied with the shattered glass. Perhaps a procedural node-based solution would work.
Edit: Updated my submission.

5 Likes

Lol, I know 90% of the stuff I make should be pure, buuutt I make the call by how I feal about it.
:grin::+1:

1 Like

Hey, I thought that was your entry - till I looked at the name :banana:

1 Like

Thanks! And ‘open’ it is :slight_smile:

Anyone know where I can learn to code python in blender.?:grin:

Been thinking about studying to program in blender python.

Here’s my first iteration.

“Excommunicated”
Pure

Took me a very long time to model everything and get the smoke and lights where I wanted them…

8 Likes

Think I figured out how to create a totally interactive crowd simulation will start testing in a few days. :grin::exploding_head:

Cycles, Pure
“Golden Creamer”

4 Likes

"Sub Surface Shattering"

non competing (pure), cycles (128 samples + denoising)

10 Likes

The Porcelain Mannequin

Pure entry, 1000 samples. Lots of lighting in this! The vagueness of the theme was a little off-putting, however, I’ve been listening to old genesis, and the carpet crawlers has the theme in its lyrics.

4 Likes

Pure

Just a quick entry

3 Likes

I have just realized what is missing in challenges since a while - RobertT remarkable entries.

2 Likes

He is still around and watches the weekend challenges. He had an entry a little while back and is still doing them but he is also doing writings as well.

1 Like

“Rise”

9 Likes

It’s a spectrum exploding from the ground???. :exploding_head::scream:

1 Like

If anyone can use this this is how I change colors of textures. :grin:

It works when you duplicate a model.

Shuttered wave

6 Likes

“Shattered Peace”, Pure, Cycles

5 Likes

Breaking the Bank