Challenge #866 "Shattered" (24/01/20) Entries CLOSED

Theme #866 for Friday 24th of January 2020 is:

Shattered

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jan 27, 2020 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, I like the sounds of this theme! I already have an idea for it. I’ve kinda been on a DC universe kick since I decided to switch out my Netflix for them for a month. Lots of good stuff, probably going to keep it on them for a bit! Anyway, I’ve already got an idea as long as this weekend isn’t too busy. I’ll keep updating! Looking forward to what you all come up with!

Edit: Really had to rush this one, but glad I got it done!

Pure, Eevee, procedural textures

Shattered Justice

4 Likes

I got an idea for this one, my cousin posted something on her face book that relates to this .
At first I was thinking about cell fracture but this one is better. :grin:

I can join this WC rendering for a job and opened another instance of blender to model during rendering. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Coincidentally, these last few days I’ve been shattering some ships for another challenge.

— not an entry —

I think I may need to stop this old habit of peeking into the new theme each week… lol.

5 Likes

Pure - eevee - 2.81

3 Likes

It is still sharp
Pure
Cycles, Bleder 2.82

The second time that I have recreated a scene from the lord of the rings for a weekend challenge.

13 Likes

As always nice theme!

Did some glass today. Used the cell fracture add-on as u might expected. Perhaps gonna change it some later on this weekend. Cheers!

Broken Heart

7 Likes

Wooooo my render is almost 8k resolution at 48 samples have to do some masking, compositing then add another model and it will be ready. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

“Its been remade!” :sweat_smile:

1 Like

PURE “bananized”

7 Likes

Wake up, wake up ! Wake up I said !

Pure - Cycles - I used a texture for the numbers.

Hi everyone. I’m glad to participate for the first time, it was a good exercise!

9 Likes

You’re killing me!!! Hahahaha nice one.

2 Likes

I don’t know which one to enter they both look awesome In the compositor??? :exploding_head::dizzy_face::no_mouth:

“Shattered Dreams”

Open

Blender cycles 2.81

4096x2160 resolution

75 samples

Composited in blender

Two textures one For the butterflies and and for the rock beside the mud.
I use a custom node setup I made for the butterflies this morning to get them at different colors.

The mud is procedural.
The texture on the skeleton is procedural.

The trees are tree sap with procedural textures I was trying to turn the textures 90 degrees but I couldn’t if I could it would have looked better I’ll try to fix it later so I’ll have a procedural tree texture

The ground was sculpted

The butterflies are on partical hair with the plane proportional edited on random to make the them look like they are at different heights.

4 Likes

Shattered in shattered, a video
Pure. Eevee.
No addons, only basic animations.

6 Likes

That is why I started to add the new theme to the entry thread’s title, some time back. This way, it just can’t be ignored (that easily)! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Welcome to the show! Nice entry, I think, this happens to me every morning. :wink:

Just checking: Are you sure you want to enter this one in the ‘open’ category? It looks rather pure to me.

Embedded MP4! Well, I think, that is a first… I just updated my scripts to cope with this crazy new world we are living in. :wink: (Nice one btw.!)

1 Like

Thank you and sorry if I give you more work :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Biohazard Containment Breach
Pure, Competing

Blender 2.81 Cycles + Compositor
256 samples (denoised)

I used the lens distortion node quite aggressively in this scene. You can see the intense colours and chromatic aberration in the image.
The darkness help to hide the lack of textures in the scene. A lot of the surfaces are just a simple principled shader.

I will probably update this submission later as I am not entirely satisfied with the shattered glass. Perhaps a procedural node-based solution would work.
Edit: Updated my submission.

5 Likes

Lol, I know 90% of the stuff I make should be pure, buuutt I make the call by how I feal about it.
:grin::+1:

1 Like

Hey, I thought that was your entry - till I looked at the name :banana:

1 Like