Challenge #867 "music" (31/01/20) Entries CLOSED

Theme #867 for Friday 31th of January 2020 is:

music

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Feb 3, 2020 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“Neil Peart couldn’t drum his way out of a paper bag” - Count Floyd

1 Like

Hope you had your 3-D glasses on when you quoted that guy! :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

oh no, I hope my entry doesn’t come out only in one half D. That would be truly scary. Ahh oooooo! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

LOL nothing over complicated with his drum set at all. :smiley:

8 Likes

here I am still working on my tripod :wink:

1 Like

@Midnightcpu hope I get to see the crowd simulation with this one :wink:

2 Likes

Lol, ya I got it some what working I can’t get the particals to collide with eachother.
Need something like rigged body so when particals collide they slide off of each other and not bounce like simulating a person stepping to the side when they let someone by.
Right not they pass through each other.

2 Likes

What a pity. However, it doesn’t necessarily have to be a problem:

(https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Army_of_the_Dead)

:wink:

4 Likes

Didn’t think about ghosts was focused on living organisms. :scream::sweat_smile::exploding_head::grin::thinking:

1 Like

You just take the particals and lay them over the field your puting them on and set the normal direction then put collide on the field, and the particals will slide across the field then put rigged body on the object being used and set the rotation of the object that’s as far as I got with it. :grin::sweat_smile:
Haven’t got to giving them a random vereations yet would have to use brownieing

1 Like

Very nice theme, had something in mind right away. Here a WIP. Think i’m gonna make a nice texture for it with all the printed info’s (how do you call this in english?)

Mix it Up!:

Clay:

18 Likes

Forgot, I found a way to get the particals to go around each other without touching when they cross paths but I have to do some more testing.
The testing I did was promising just have to do some ajustments. ,:grin:
Everything went haywire when I was testing because the numbers were to high

1 Like

Guys, I want to say, I’ve never entered weekend challenge before, because Im not that good yet. But you have to start somewhere right? And I want my first entry to be on this challenge, because I really love music, and I also play guitar, so its perfect!

I just wrote this, because I want someone to hold me accountable, in case I would rather be lazy and skip.

Catch yall on monday, have a creative weekend everyone :slight_smile:

10 Likes

We are looking forward seeing from you

1 Like

Welcome aboard, now get your ass in gear and start blending!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard the WC, we can push you to work just do your best.

most of us here are doing this for fun and to improve on our work. :+1:

I’ve seen alot of improvements from alot of people who work during the WC including myself.

Don’t worry about winning just have fun and enjoy what you like doing best " 3d modeling. "

So get blending and improve on your skills. :grin:

Whispering " Maximum Effort ! " :superhero:

1 Like

Title: From the heart
Pure.
EEVEE.

Don’t have more time this weekend, so this is it.
I started modelling the birds with metaballs, then a little bit sculpting. Texture paint for the eyes and the notes. Modelled the score-stand and used my addon for lighting up the scene and another addon of mine to quickly generate materials that are a bit more than basic shaders. No time to make it more detailed. Idea is a bit that birds don’t need notes to learn how to whistly beaufitully. And I believe that traditional music lessons sometimes can block development of musical expression. Nearly all kids learn walking by doing it, and playing. No-one described for them in detial the process of walking. Same could be for learning playing the piano. Of course there could be guidance, but then like Hiromi Uehara had, for example.

11 Likes

Rock On
Pure

13 Likes

Hey,
This theme reminds me Gretchen from the comic book (and movie) “Zombillénium”. Great movie btw.
Did a quick sketch of her with different poses.
Pure eevee render.

: )

12 Likes