Challenge #870 "Atmospheric" (21/02/20) Entries CLOSED

Loving these entries so far! These kinds of themes really bring out the best in the artists on here, it’s crazy!

Don’t forget to mark as pure! Fantastic work!

What the what. :scream_cat::dizzy_face::exploding_head::eyes:
Looks like I’m going to have to do some detail work. :v::grin::face_with_hand_over_mouth::thinking:

2 Likes

amazing :slight_smile: out of curiosity, what’s your computer like?

Got the detail in, now for the trickery of light. :smiling_imp:

Top tier amazing snow!
If I had to change something, maybe I would add some trees on the closer mountains, but that would for sure increase the render times by well over 300%

1 Like

i have i7 5930k, 2 1080 ti, 32gb ddr 4 ram

1 Like

Thanks i was editing it because i did not like noise i had in it. i could try add some trees

try these ones:

I made them to put around winterfell once.

oh thanks i will take a look at them i just used tree sample add on :slight_smile:

1 Like

so here’s my entry:
“tempestade em copo d’água”
pure- cycles

Fun fact: “tempestade em copo d’água” is a common saying on Brazil, and translates literally as “to make a storm on a water glass”. Is generally used as a metaphor for acting as if simple everyday situations were the end of the world. So, when someone tells you to “stop making storms on a water glass”, that means they want you to chill out and stop taking things so seriously. :slight_smile:
I really need to listen to this advice when submitting to the WC.

14 Likes

That’s already a pretty awesome entry in itself to be honest imo :joy:

Really like how the clouds turned out!

1 Like

I was trying to do a hurricane using mantaflow and some noise textures:

4 Likes

“Keep Calm!”

non competing (pure), cycles (128 samples + denoising)

9 Likes

Pure, Eevee

“Belt of Venus”

Procedural textures and volumes, the moon has also an image texture.

8 Likes

Stellar nebula, pure eevee render at 300 samples

7 Likes

Title : Atmosphere control
Pure
Render time: 11 seconds.

Materials procedural, EEVEE render.

9 Likes

I don’t think my scene will be done until late tomorrow I’m doing layering and doing multiple renders, but the main part is done, rendering it right now. :grin:

Had to do some sculpting to get the details in and it paid off I’m looking at this like. :open_mouth::exploding_head::astonished::dizzy_face::scream_cat::drooling_face::eyes:.

I render a small portion so I can do the compositing then I do the full render. :v::+1:

1 Like

Your trees are a little uniform need to be randomly placed

1 Like

Fantastic entries so far! I’m not sure if I’m 100% done with this one yet, but I think it’s pretty close!

For my entry I went with a more metaphorical interpretation of “atmospheric”. It got me thinking of restaurants, and there’s this place that’s usually seasonal in Japan that Nintendo finally opened up permanently called the Kirby Cafe! I was originally going to just make a generic “atmospheric” restaurant, but you guys know I love my video games.

Pure* (Aside from the Kirby Cafe logo on the wall and the menu, and the kirby drawing on the window, all made by Nintendo), Eevee, procedural textures

Kirby Cafe:

17 Likes