Challenge #872 "Security" (06/03/20) Entries CLOSED

Theme #872 for Friday 6th of March 2020 is:

Security

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Mar 9, 2020 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I searched the list of topics over the past I was surprised to find that Security hadn’t been done as a topic before so I chose that, partly also because my day job is in Cybersecurity, so you might even consider that as a possibility for the theme.

3 Likes

Sapphire
Pure Eevee Render

3 Likes

Old School

meh, who am I kidding, I fixed it the next morning.

Pure entry 1000 samples. Thought I would work more on it, I’m opting to get rest this weekend to fight off this cold. Hope you guys get my humor :wink:

Dang, I misspelled Distorted! I guess there’s nothing wrong with misspelled locker graffiti. Not a mistake, simply a happy accident :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Struggling for ideas, so thought I’d search out some UART hacking vids for inspiration but got offered this by Youtube. Thing was thrown out due to security concerns, crazy… but gotta love EEVBlogs mad style…

My only other idea is a cybernetic guard dog from Snowcrash book… but lent my copy out last year… grrr, but may just do an arty RT style thing due to time considerations instead…

1 Like

Hello, this is my PURE “security act” just for a weekend :wink:
Cycles 512s.

11 Likes

Padlock

Pure Cycles using 2048 samples. I was playing with Depth of Field. All textures are procedural.

7 Likes

not going to participate this week, but thought of leaving here a project I’m working on, since It’s kinda related…

…or not. anyway, it is still lacking a lot of elements. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looking forward to completing this one!

“Kerberos”

non competing (pure), cycles (512 samples + denoising)

8 Likes

I suppose Kerberos was much better at preventing the dead from leaving the underworld. I mean, who wouldn’t want to pet such a cutey doggy? :smiley:

I really like your color scheme :slight_smile: anyone trying to pass will have to contend with its disapproving glance.

1 Like

“Hash”

7 Likes

Great theme! Maybe some improvements later on.

Crack The Code

wire;

Cheers guys!

6 Likes

Here My submission of this weekends contest.
I’m Calling it " The March "

Hope you enjoy

12 Likes

lovely entry…

1 Like

Braums Shield From league of legends
Trying out some sculpting really like how it turned out

3 Likes

PURE - eevee -

3 Likes
  • Cryptex
    Pure (i think): I did all modeling, the texturing of the Cryptex consistent of four downloaded images/textures.
    Done in Cycles, 1024 samples

Heres the texture nodes along with the scene collection and a viewpoint to show the back curved wall to get the odd back reflection.

Posting this to encourage other new modelers to join in. I started modeling about a month ago and thought these challenges would be a good way to practice, being there is a set goal and a time limit, seamed like a practical way to make renders that are not tutorial based.
Anyway…

Did alittle animation after contest just for fun.

4 Likes

Pure. EEVEE. “Muppet security”

This was the first thing that popped in my head for some reason when I read the challenge title. modeling and rigging are not my strong points… so makes it easier to cover it with fur! but wait! what about textures?.. well, what about them? slap some shiny solid colors around and wala!

3 Likes