Challenge #873 (13/03/20) Entries CLOSED

“Waiting Cat”
Pure, Cycles.

I sculpted this mostly with a mouse because I wasn’t at home… It was very frustrating! :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

soooo, you snapped a pic of a bronze cat you had lying around and uploaded :wink: meanwhile I have a box with 4 legs on my 3d viewport :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

What’s the protocol for photo scanning objects and uploading into blender? How does that affect open/pure?

As always, it depends. :slight_smile:
But I think, as a general rule of thumb the following parts of the rules could be helpful:

If you can honestly say to yourself, “Yes, I mainly used Blender to make this”, “Yes, nearly all of the foreground models are new”, “Yes, most of the models are new”, then the entry is Pure.

So basically, just take into account all the software that was used to create the entry and how big blender’s part was in the end.

1 Like

What???..You play with the ball

Open

Cycles, 2000 samples, denoiser, 5 hair systems, everything new except procedural eye textures from Cesar Salcedo ($), carpet texture from poliigon ($), vignette and slight color correction with Paintshop Pro

Fat cat not wanting to be bothered to play ball with little Jimmy.

Sculpting practice and still trying to figure out hair system. Have a long ways to go.

11 Likes

Objects in Space

Pure entry, 1000 samples. They’re kitties, and thanks to my lack of effort, they are funny :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbMFhI_GSFs check out the comments!

9 Likes

Here is My Entry I’m calling it " The 3 Cats " Pure Blender 2.82

I thought I go with Cartoon-ish feel this weekend. Hope everyone enjoys it

9 Likes

Hello,
This is my PURE non-competing entry “bad cats”

7 Likes

Exposition text is tight :wink:

“Kittypillar”

non competing (pure), cycles (512 samples + denoising)

10 Likes

I shouldn’t, but isn’t an apology an action?
(I wasn’t going to postulate that, I wrote this response on Friday, then cancelled it, but have thought about often since, then here it was today waiting for me!)

Also, if I remember right, cats have three different layers / types of fur… Guard, down and awn, and yes if you want, whiskers, so four…

But your fur does look lush :smiley:

I’m currently at a loss, given up on this graphics card, discovered I can’t even watch videos due to library issues, I’d have to compile mplayer / ffmpeg myself, and I ani’t got time for that…

Amazon are teasing me, first I half expected delivery Saturday, then Saturday they said Monday, now the website indicates today / Sunday but no emails / notifications yet… Arrrrrgh I need to render!!!

We love you Amazon, we do!

Hey Royal Mail, where’s my steel, 4 days late and not a word, don’t be third undelivered and uncompensated in 12 months, you already owe me £235, useless!

BTW last weeks render still took 59 minutes! At least I’ll be able to get on with WC tomorrow :smiley:

1 Like

Funny Maneki-neko (pure)

5 Likes
  • Whiskey Whiskers
    Pure: Did all modeling, J.D. Label and Cat House texture where downloaded images.
    Cycles, 62 Sample with De-noising at default settings
    First attempt at Sculpting and Texture Painting, if you have not guessed :slight_smile:
    The liquid in the bottle is a Transparent node with a solid color, the color tone changes seen in it are the leg (mesh/object) of the cat under it. Was gonna change leg size, but it looked cool.
    The theme was ‘funny kitties’ so heres a single cat ! (always had a hard time doing what i was told)

2 Likes

Possible for a translation of whats writing on the belly ?
Cute, like how the tiles glow and reflect off her.

This is a Pure entry, which I’m calling Kitty Vittles
Done with Eevee in blender 2.81
Still trying to learn more about hair systems, but it was fun to give it a shot!

3 Likes

I was a little short of inspiration this week, so something simple just for fun.
“Jazzy Feline”
Competing, Pure, Cycles, 64 Samples, Denoise Node, HDRI-Haven for lighting

4 Likes

Hungry Cats
Pure entry

I didn’t have enough time to finish the fur, but I was able to retopologize the models so I can use them in animation. I might revisit this image and do a final render with fur.

4 Likes

When stratagems fail: The Maginot Line
Pure. Cycles.
Based on the original theme: We must, on this occasion, use every stratagem in our power to reduce them.

1 Like