Challenge #874 "Lucid Dreaming" (20/03/20) Entries CLOSED

Theme #874 for Friday 20th of March 2020 is:

Lucid Dreaming

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Mar 23, 2020 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is a quick description of what Lucid Dreaming is for those who might not know.

" A lucid dream is a dream during which the dreamer is aware that they are dreaming. During a lucid dream, the dreamer may gain some amount of control over the dream characters, narrative, and environment. "

So it is basically using Blender but without being able to save your projects. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

What does “Lucid Dreaming” mean?

Gabrielg1976 explained it

1 Like

Ah, thanks Rhen! How could I model something like this in Blender though?

I have the same question lol

2 Likes

I picked the wrong week to do my first challenge. This is gonna be hard lol

3 Likes

Inception
Pure

I’ve just seen the movie (again) a few days ago, so this was the first thing that came to my mind, after reading what lucid dreaming is.

15 Likes

dang it… only if i have enough time to model what I saw in my lucid dream. it’s quite a beautiful scenery I’ve seen. it’s simple and pure.

:sob:

In the Clouds

Open entry: Don’t feel like breaking my CG Boost work flow. One of these days I’ll get my female character right. Till then, the internet will be laughing along with me. 1000 samples.

3 Likes

Started reading a new book tonight, Atlas Shrugged, as was reading about Hank Rearden I thought of my favourite song…

Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.

1 Like
  • Cobb’ s Lucid Totem
    Pure, Cycles, 2048 sample, 6 hours to make (not counting render time) - Texture for table top was a downloaded image, all the rest is me.
    Here’s the render, have an animation in mind, hope it will be done before closing time.

And here’s the animation i would like to submit (if possible)… 212 sample which is too low for the smoke/mist, but render time was long enough.

--------------------------- BELOW IS ORIGINAL POST (WIP) --------------------------------------
haha… started the same thing, for the same reason…
Started last night, still have a ways to go…

@OrganicAdapter I like how your starting to light yours (and how the shadow is), looks really good.

_

5 Likes

Inception
Pure
:blush: :blush: :blush: My First Made. Always in My Dream.

2020-03-19T16:00:00Z

5 Likes

Reminds me of a dream I’ve always had before getting ill… Falling and things change from soft to sharp…

“Flying” - pure, cycles (PP in blender and photoshop)

The highly toxic fruit of Belladonna, Henbane flowers and hemlock. Some of the ingredients in the flying ointment european witches used late at night to induce hallucination and leave their bodies to fly.

10 Likes

Nice entry! Some time ago, I did one of these for #787 (“Cutaway”):

9 Likes

Thank you!
That’s a very cool image! The deadly nightshade is such a striking plant :slight_smile:

Guess what my entry will be about…

Yeah, how much albedo my brain gives off…

1 Like

’Transition Transmission’ - Pure - Blender 2.8 / Cycles

“Sometimes when a person is dreaming, they are unable to tell if they are dreaming or not. This may put a person in a large degree of peril, if they are in a dire situation and they cannot tell the dream from reality. In such an instance, you must not dally. You must immediately take hold of the situation. Convince yourself of your ability to prevail over the situation… You must become the reality.

2 Likes