Challenge #876 "Crop Circles" (03/04/20) Entries CLOSED

“Cosmic Crop Dusting”
Competing, Pure, Cycles, 128 Samples, De-noising, Color correction

I still need to wrap my head around color palettes, so I can have some intention in my color schemes. This turned out okay, I think, but it was a little haphazard, and the color correction helped a lot.

3 Likes

No image of badly cropped circles? I’m disappointed. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So they do have 5 fingers :slight_smile:
Cool render, i like the idea.

Thats the first thing i thought when the thread was started.

Pure submission.

Hey y’all. I just started using blender recently and this was my first go at creating a whole scene, so go easy on me haha. I struggled with the figuring out lighting with volumetric shading, which I think caused those red spots where headlights are supposed to be. Unfortunately I am kind of out of time, so this is the last render I can get done. If anyone has any tips on lighting a night scene with volumetric shading, that’d be awesome!

3 Likes

Welcome @zest! I started blender a few years ago and posted here too. These challenges are a great way to share and learn.

3 Likes

In my garden
Pure entry.
Eevee with freestyle and cell shading tricks + Workbench for the speech balloon

3 Likes

Sorry about that - and thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

Who would haved thought? And it doesn’t even seem to be dangerous. Looke like FlyingBanana isn’t in any read danger. :slight_smile:

That is a great idea. I wasn’t aware of corn earworms. Not sure if i’ll find the time but it would be a great addition. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

Hi All!
Here is my entry for this week: I call it “Surprise Cropcircle”
Or beeing at the right place in the wrong time.
Pure entry. Rendered in Cycles + AI denoiser and compositing.

5 Likes

My entry

• Who left the Message…
    Pure: Rendered in Eevee, took 5-6 hours to make, not counting render time. The grass strips of the field was a downloaded texture. The “crop circles” where images i made in Gimp and converted into Normal maps then applied with a normal node. Along with the Normals made in Gimp, there was also duplicits made which where colored (brown) then added into the grass texture (Base Color) with a mix node and also into the Subsurface Color input.

[EDIT]
Heres one of the Normals and a brown…

3 Likes

The Earthlings Are Doing It Again
Open entry (reusing a character from a previous weekend challenge)

I see a lot of new people joining over the last few weeks. Welcome everyone! I hope you are having fun modeling!

4 Likes

Pentafuego
Pure entry.
Eevee

2 Likes

How can you call it pure if you used gimp?
does it work that way?

Great anyway.

This can by tricky. :slight_smile:

Ahh… i don’t know how it works :slight_smile:
Figured i made everything (aside from the grass) and most was made and created in Blender along with animated, so it was pure… No matter what its classified as, it was fun to make and also has no chance of winning :wink:
Thanks, glad you liked it.

I’m having some trouble with the final render. I beg you to gimme a couple of minutes

I can give you about half an hour. It is already 1AM around here and I’ll have to get up rather early tomorrow/today morning. :wink:

3 Likes

thanks man, I think I’ll need half of it :wink:

1 Like
4 Likes

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1jUrrQvwxcxt-7uPrw2phNA_UrEs_gZ4G

The Speculative Crop Field of the Fallen Megatron Crown

Pure entry

Cycles render

There seems to be a problem with the image preview. I guess that is because of the image being hosted on a google drive server. You can paste the image into the post directly from the clipboard. That way it will be hosted on the Blenderartists server.

[edit: seems to be working just fine in the voting thread.]

Good night everyone. :slight_smile: