• Millani
  • Komojo
  • catblue44
  • OLG
  • fcharr
  • ColiN00B
  • SHADOWSTORM

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Apr 15, 2020 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20200418-wc

Pure Entries

Peetie: shaman

chesterfgb: “Magic Turtle In the Nature V2” Low Poly

unyxium: Magical Disturbance in the Forest

Vampy_monkey: Magic wild

T1chy: 5

3dnotguru: the moon is made of cheese

NerdyGtal: mushy3

beau11: Venture into the Magic Wild

cinek_r9: City Wilderness

RobertT: POLAR BEAR ICE SPIRIT

dragerx001: fireflower01

didierv: Magic Mushroom

tntcraft2015: Renato - The Acient Dragon -

Icestorm: Cornsnake

kaidoe: Wild mushrooms

SidewaysUpJoe: Magic Hands Forest…

Millani: Eyes of the Wild

Komojo: Forest Dragon

catblue44: Bayou

Open Entries

OLG: Forbidden Magic

(Cycles, 5000 samples, filmic, hdri lighting, graswald, MB lab base figure, Paintshop Pro for border, texture and color correction.)

fcharr: Wild Magic

(Open entry, 2000 samples. The ground, grass and the trees are taken from http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Fantastic-Greenhouse-Challenge.Glass-Cathedral.html. I tweaked the material and grass to make them a little more believable. I got the clouds from http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Crop-Circles.Spacebillies.html. Made a few minor improvements. The staff and clothing are new. Despite almost everything being reused, I spent quite a bit of time on this: Still have quite a bit to learn about rigging a character.)

ColiN00B: Mystic Cavern

(Open Entry (used assets from blendermarket.com like graswald and botaniq for the plants (some are edited) and textures from poliigon.com))

SHADOWSTORM: Kraaz

(I used here my favorite technique, that involves lot’s of png’s and some realistic grass.)

Non-competing Entries

Photox: Discourse of the dogs

Helge: Magic Wild West

pelemele: magic_wild

RayVelcoro: Find Ur Way

@RobertT, @dragerx001 and @Icestorm got my vote! Well done everyone!

1 Like

Great entries everyone!
loved especially ColiN00B’s Cavern!
here’s a evee video for no reason:

4 Likes

I voted…

@Rhodexa achieved a great material on the mushrooms, I tried initially at something similar and couldn’t get it right, you nailed it!

@cinek_r9 love the mood of your image, very urban grunge.

@Millani amazing, reminds me of Portal. The leaf material is great and the “eye” fits with the look of the head really well even though it contrasts with the organic look.

3 Likes

I’m so happy to read that, because i actually made the scene to test materials and boid particles!

You all made an amazing job! i wanna be like all of you soon :heart:

So many cool scenes… I whent with the following…

@ColiN00B really like how there are many colors, but its not overwhelming. The island (its self) which the tree is on just pops for me and make the whole scene.

@SHADOWSTORM looks good and tells a story with out the need for explanation.

@dragerx001 i just cant stop looking at this image. The circle, as simple as it is, really drive it home and changes the image from something abstract to something “magical”.

1 Like

Thanks its not a very hard effect to do. you just put this on a sphere

1 Like

Wow so many good entries this week!!

Thanks for the info… Trying to get a feel for the Rigid Body simulation, might as well try out what you posted as well :slight_smile:

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 877 with votes from 44.4% of the voters is… ColiN00B!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Mystic Cavern

5 Likes

I’m out of the WC for about a year or longer my PC went black screen it’s in an infinite bootloop I’m trying to fix it. :unamused::no_mouth::dizzy_face::exploding_head:
If I can’t fix it I’ll have to get another PC.

1 Like

That doesn’t sound good. Do you know if this is a hardware or a software problem?

This just happened to me a few weeks ago, and I’ve seen this many times before elsewhere.

First, I’d always check the basics before making any changes (video cable connections, monitor input settings e.g. HDMI 1/2, SVGA, DisplayPort, power supply cable connections).

What I did this time around was unplug the computer (an Asus all-in-one PC), hold the power button for about 30 seconds to discharge the system, locate the CMOS battery, carefully remove it for a few minutes, and then put it back it.

I then plugged the PC back in, and started it up, got back into BIOS settings, set the secure boot (UEFI) and hard drive settings / boot sequence, reviewed the other default settings, set the clock (date + time), and saved the changes to BIOS. It took a couple of times to get it all right.

After restarting, it’s been working well since, and holding settings. If it doesn’t retain settings, then it’s usually the CMOS battery needs to be replaced. You can read more about by searching the Web for cmos battery boot loop.

Best of luck with that! I hope you get it working again!

2 Likes

I’m know about the cmos battery I thought about taking it out to make the PC lose its memory that’s basically what it’s for it helps to keep the pcs memory. my dad and I used to rebuild pcs a long time ago the cmos battery is like a huge watch battery. :sweat_smile::grin::+1:

@ColiN00B, Congrats! Beautiful render.

It seems remind me the artwork by @SynaGl0w: