Challenge #879 "Serene" (24/04/20) Entries CLOSED

Theme #879 for Friday 24th of April 2020 is:

Serene

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Apr 27, 2020 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think that some chill-ass renders will be great for all of us in this odd, uncertain time.
Let the winner of this one bring peace to every soul that gazes upon the featured row :open_hands:

(Can I say chill-ass here?)

2 Likes

You can! Isn’t that nice? :slight_smile:

Have fun everyone and good luck!

3 Likes

You know what’s serene right now? my ideas factory. Quiet, still, silent, not a single thing going on. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Hm that sounds like a cool render though :wink:

1 Like

Cool Mountain Lake Serenity

Open

Cycles, 1000 samples, filmic, Graswald ($), NASA texture

A moonlit lake, high in altitude, for thoughtful contemplation of life and thankful for all the fish.

14 Likes

Serene
Pure. Cycles.

8 Likes

Pure, Cycles

11 Likes

“Mineral tranquility” (pure cycle)

9 Likes

" A Serene Thought " - My entry fo this weekend… Pure Blender 2.8.2 Cycles 128 samples- de-noised Image size is 2048*1024

7 Likes

Serene

Final entry! Open, 1000 samples.

Decided on a title, the theme can be both a name and an adjective. Spent a generous amount of time on the clouds, they look a little amateurish, consistent with my character rigging :wink:

Spent time messing with her hands and also getting her to smile. After applying armature and a bit of the subsurf, she’s back to looking a little sad. Will try to comb her hair without making it worse.

Open entry, 1000 samples. The theme sounded like a girl’s name, so I jumped at the opportunity to work on my humanoid model a little more.

4 Likes

Hello,
PURE entry.
Cycles 700s

6 Likes

How did you make that earth? :o

:grinning:i trying my first picture in blender.It is open.

4 Likes

It can be done in just seven steps

1. add sphere - call it Earth
  2. add sphere - call it heavens
  3. add sphere - call it atmosphere
  4. let the Earth have textures
  5. let the heavens have textures too
  6. let the atmosphere have volumetric texture
  7. go back to space station, relax and watch this serene view
5 Likes

let there be light too i guess
very nice effect

Here is my entry…

8-BIT SERENITY

Pure Blender 2.82, Eevee render.

I was thinking back when days were so much simpler and beautiful, simply enjoyable and natural. THis thinking motivated my stylistic choice here as well, back to time computer graphics were much simpler and beautiful in their own ways.

RobertT

8 Likes

Ask any normal person if making 8-bit pixel-art in Blender is possible and they will say “No way!”.
Ask @RobertT and he will say “Sure, why not?”. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Really!? I was just about to post my 8-bit render and… … …well, i guess i will go back to make something else :joy:

PD: is it possible to post a GIF here? will it work? i never tried that, i guess i should work hehe

Please, do post it! I’d be happy to see what you came up with :slight_smile: