Challenge #880 "Organized Chaos" (01/05/20) Entries CLOSED

Here is my entry…

EXECUTIVE DECISION, or DON’T WORRY, WE NUMBERED THE PAGES

Pure Blender 2.82a, Cycles (300 samples), only procedural textures.

RobertT

8 Likes

I was thinking to do the same thing, i even asked people for ideas of objects to model. Got a +500 objects list, so, i decided to go for the black hole instead :joy:

Give me two chocolate bars and i can reorganize those papers, if you want.

Or hit Alt+G :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:slight_smile: Alt+G doesn’t seem to be helping much, but I find the result interesting…

For a bit motion blur, I animated the fan so it oscillates back and forth while the fan blades spin infinitely.

I left it on while I was working on the project, and I also had a real (vertical) fan running in my room. Almost felt like it was coming from the screen. :smiley:

2 Likes

I told you, with Blender even air becomes realistic! :joy:

1 Like

"OCD"

This is my first entry in a challenge (Pure). When I heard “organized chaos” I thought of OCD tbh. If you don’t know what OCD is, then it probably doesn’t look like much. For those of you who don’t know OCD is a mental health condition. It is basically being a perfectionist to a whole new level. Such as organizing every single M & M on the table. It may look organized, but inside the mind of a person with OCD, its chaos. I tried to capture that with this display. I hope my image captured what OCD is like better then how I’m explaining it in this description :laughing:. 1000 samples, cycles, 2.8.

3 Likes

I don’t have OCD and even then i sometimes organize spiral noodles by color before cooking them all together :joy:
However, too much perfection turns my brain in some kind of “Something’s wrong” mode

Welcome to the Weekend Challenge, btw! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

If i ask somebody else to render my file because they have

Organized chaos golden cow. Pure

6 Likes

“Duelling banjos”

This is open entry as models are partly from MakeHuman.

2 Likes

Thank you for not putting a random single odd colored candy in the mix.

Your welcome! :laughing:

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah we all have some sort of strange routine, that we’ve done for so long that we forgot how strange it is.

I thought I’d do an animated gif. Wait for it.

chaos-whiter
Title: Chaos, organized
Pure entry

Edit: I fixed the color management, Filmic was making it look too dark.

Also, annoying, BA is resizing my GIF to half size, if you want to see the full size you can do so here

5 Likes

It reminds me of my shattered entry for a challenge a few months ago.

I wanna see that

Pseudo Hexerei

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

I made a python script to generate a hexagonal grid from some base pieces. While it may look completely random at first, the placement of the pieces depends only on the initial parameters of the code and, hence, follows a well-defined order.

Btw, if you want to see the script I used, I posted the code here:

2 Likes

Crystal Growth

Pure

Cycles, 1000 samples, filmic, denoiser

Not a lot of time this weekend so something quick and easy. More of bounded chaos but first thing that came to mind in regards to the theme. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Unfortunately, it is too late to edit the voting now. However, I added your entry to the non-competing ones, so it still gets some visibility.

No worries and thanks. :smiley:

1 Like