• Photox
  • 3dnotguru
  • david.speer
  • OrganicAdapter
  • Levito
  • catblue44
  • Blender_In_The_Grass

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, May 13, 2020 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20200516-wc

Pure Entries

BradGames: tower of god

Joshua_Alvarado: Lighthouse

TheRandomGames: Moat

Vampy_monkey: A hellish tower

T1chy: Chess Club

Ole_in_3D: The tallest one

Bekreth: Cat Jenga

another3d: The Night Tower

roussos: Castle Towers.

fcharr: Steadfast

pelemele: A forgotten battle

_jb4x: Kapla Eiffel tower

gabrielg1976: tower_test1

Millani: Retired Rook

RobertT: HANOI TOWER ROBOT CHAMPION

dtwiddle9: Fragile Tower of Cards.

Watndit: Train tower

Rhodexa: Comunicate 2048

Photox: Exodus

3dnotguru: 3dnotguru’s entry

david.speer: Dawns Tower

OrganicAdapter: Jengaland

Levito: Tower (Low Res)

catblue44: Formula

Open Entries

Blender_In_The_Grass: BAWC TOWER - BlenderInTheGrass

(Here’s my entry, which I guess is OPEN, since I used textures for the Tower logo and “album cover” art.)

Non-competing Entries

OLG: The Tower Dark

Helge: Tower of Towers

parclite: Dream Towers

I am going to break the 1st rule of fight club and state the second rule –
2nd rule of fight club: That’s an awesome render @T1chy!!!

2 Likes

Agreed! Yours is excellent as well, Photox, as always.

After the recent and devastating loss of my mother, who was also my best friend, I’m so very grateful to have this community, which I’ve always appreciated and respected.

It’s uplifting and an honor to witness everyone’s creativity and progress.

Thank you all for your superb work and enthusiasm.

Everyone is truly a winner in some way here.

RobertT

7 Likes

Thank you Robert. So sorry to hear of your mother. I lost my father about 5 years ago, and I know what it feels like to have that ripped away. I hope you are doing okay. Always let yourself grieve and feel some of the pain, as part of the process. Then it gets less severe and farther apart. You carry the best of her in your spirit.

Great entries all.

2 Likes

Thanks! You make awesome stuff(!) and hearing that you guys like my render, means a ton for me-newbie!

1 Like

I was working on this friday:

Unfortunately I forgot to finish it.

@RobertT
I’m really sorry about your mother! I remember you and your art from back when I started out in Blender about 10 years ago and they have always been so inspiring. Glad you are still active here.

6 Likes

@pelemele and @Ole_in_3D acheived really interesting materials
@roussos have a really interesting scene

:heart:

2 Likes

Our condolences, thoughts and prayers to you and your family on this tough time.

Oscar

3 Likes

My condolences to you.

And we are grateful to have you around! Your art is so inspiring and made me rethink what can be done with Blender several times.

4 Likes

Yes, of course I forgot to mention how influential you ( @RobertT ) have been in my own art. I’ve done quite a bit of experimenting with NPR inspired by your creations. I forget where but somewhat recently someone said they mistook a piece of mine for yours, which I considered high praise! Yours is a unique and wonderful influence here. Thank you and take care during this tough time.

-Tim

1 Like

You’re right

I really love you all :heart:

2 Likes

28 entries! That went well. :slight_smile:
Let’s try an old Weekend Challenge tradition. Here we go:

@BradGames:
That one looks pure, indeed. I guess Kubrick would have liked it too.

@Joshua_Alvarado:
Nice mood. Actually, I expected to see many more lighthouses.

@TheRandomGames:
Hey! Nice to see an image in this style without the usual cube shape. :slight_smile:

@Vampy_monkey:
What a spot! And who would have thought purple was the color scheme of the devil. :slight_smile:

@T1chy:
Fourth rule: Only 25 guys to a fight. And I guess we will have only one winner. :wink: (Just kidding: we’ll have 28 winners.)

@Ole_in_3D:
How many buildings are there in this image? Nice amount of detail - that is why I added so many clouds to my entry. :wink:

@Bekreth:
That is one mean cat! Nice to see that you managed to tackle so many topics with this one.

@another3d:
Welcome on board! And what a great first entry. It reminds me of something… still trying to figure it out.

@roussos:
Another eye-catcher entry! Have you tried different lighting scenarios? I guess, it would be great to see this one at sundown or on a very early dusty morning.

@fcharr:
Not sure if the stair’s slope would be sufficient, but 3d-printed this would probably make a wonderful dice tower! What do you think?
One question, though: Where is your humanoid girl/woman model? Over the last few weekends there has been so much progress in that area.

6 Likes

@pelemele:
If only the rook is left standing that must have been a hell of a chess game. Maybe @T1chy has a few details on how that went down. :slight_smile:

@_jb4x:
I didn’t know about Kapla. It took me quite some time before I stopped trying to figure out the Klingon reference…
Qapla’!

@gabrielg1976:
Heads on a shelf!? Who would such a thing!? :slight_smile:

@Millani:
What sent him into retirement? Still looking fine! But I guess retirement is still better than freezing to death covered in ice and snow. (That must be M. C. Escher’s old white rook.)

@RobertT:
I don’t look at the counts before voting and usually I try to go through the entries with my wife and kids so we can pick the best ones together. Actually, I predicted a clear win of your bright and motivating entry, heralding the second age of Robert. Well, there is still some time left. :slight_smile: Great to have you around.

@dtwiddle9:
Nice to see you entering the challenge. That tower is looking fragile, indeed. That is why I never really tried this with cards and always preferred coasters. :slight_smile:

@Watndit:
I know that guy! Luckily I never had that problem.
(But, what about masks? ;-))

@Rhodexa:
“also i’m a bit tired :3” That must be because of the towers radiation! Well, ok, I guess this isn’t the time for conspiracy theories.

@Photox:
That would make a great book cover. Not sure if that book would contain a story you would want to read in the dark. But I’m sure I’d really like it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@3dnotguru:
I guess, that one is coming from the same book. Is this a lighthouse? In that case, it would probably be better to stay at a distance. :slight_smile:

@david.speer:
Nice! This could be the heroe’s castle who tries to defeat the daemons of hell. I’m pretty sure @Vampy_monkey’s entry is right in the other side of the mountains. (You can tell by the color of the sky.)

@OrganicAdapter:
Great perspective! And there even is a little Jenga-someone. Probably Jengaman - wouldn’t that be a great super hero?

@Levito:
Hi there! Thanks for joining the challenge! Don’t worry about the HDRI. Looking forward to any future entries you may enter. :slight_smile:

@catblue44:
Very unique tower! I guess you could even move the camera a little closer towards the building. No need to hide the nice little details. :slight_smile:

@Blender_In_The_Grass:
“Those were the days”. So true. However, records seem to be coming back. So maybe the stores will follow.

@OLG:
I thought my tower was high. But you took it to a completely different level. How many floors has that thing?

@parclite:
That must have been quite a dream. I’m glad you woke up and uploaded it to the challenge. :slight_smile:

@linuus:
A little late but still great! There will probably some use for these another time. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It would make a nice little toy if printed :slight_smile: I got the idea from a toy I found in google images. I’m currently working on my CG boost entry. I’m working on a character, started from ‘scratch’: My start-up file has a basic low poly character with an armature.

1 Like

Didn’t know about that klingon reference =)

Kapla was a huge part of my childhood, really had a lot of fun with it!

I spent way to much time getting proper procedural texture for those wooden blocks. But I’m quite happy with the result though =D Learned a lot through the process.

1 Like

Hahaha, i was waiting for 5G technology since 2015, and when it finally got here everyone hates it. :broken_heart::joy:

2 Likes

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 881 with votes from 47.5% of the voters is… T1chy!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Chess Club

3 Likes

Congratulation to the winner!

@Photox: Thanks so much, Tim. I deeply appreciate what you said. And it’s true. It’s something best faced full on with no pretenses of invulnerability. I cry daily and have been in full grieving mode since April. I’m trying my best. Nothing replaces the irreplaceable. Drawing heavily on memories of her now for strength and inspiration going forward.

@linuus: Thank you. It’s been quite a journey so far, in Blender and in life. Events like these make us stop and see so much, behind, around us, and ahead. So much to be grateful for, and some hope survives to cast some much needed light in the darkness left by a profound loss.

@OLG: Thank you very much, Oscar. I’m spiritual, a believer with faith informed by experience and extensive daily contemplation, so prayers are always welcome and appreciated.

@Millani: Thanks for your kind words, Millani. I’m grateful if any of my work could motivate people to try different things in Blender. That was something I always enjoyed showing my mom. She enjoyed seeing these Blender projects come together. Once in a while she would say, “You should print that out and hang that up,” and that inspired me to try harder.

@Helge: Thanks, Helge! I love your entry. I’m glad you liked my robot. Its eyes and antenna are also symbolic homages to the Tower of Hanoi puzzle. With 11 discs there (2047 minimum moves at more than 1 move per second), it has to move very fast. So glad to be here, and I’m glad you’re here as well. Our community thrives for many reasons, among them being able to share in the creative joy and progress of our peers here. Everyone’s getting better all the time, and that makes Blender more than simply software.

10 Likes

Thank you very much all of You!
I’m so glad that i found this community and weekly that gives me a bit perception of passing time in this stay at home world.

2 Likes