Challenge #882 "ancient ones" (15/05/20) Entries CLOSED

“Nofretete”, as an alien :smiley:
Pure entry, rendered with cycles + denoisng.
The backround is a random pyramid picture from the web.

8 Likes

“Ancient Pizza” pure

I was eating a hot pocket while making this.

6 Likes

Moai
Pure. Eevee.

6 Likes

hey, i want to ask
what is non-competing for?

If you want to participate in the weekend challenge, but (for any reason) don’t want the image to be part of the voting, you can enter it as ‘non competing’. Entries from last weeks winner and additional entries from a participant who already entered a competing image (on the same weekend) will be also be ‘non competing’.

2 Likes

This is another stunning entry! I think you consistently have the best entries in these weekend challenges!

1 Like

According to me Pirates are the true “Ancient Ones”. Tried to create a ship’s study room with the things a pirate holds close to himself while sailing the rough seas.

Pure Entry
Rendered with Cycles

This is my first try in this contest. All the best to all my fellow blender lovers <3

7 Likes

“Phonautograph” ancient recording device - Pure, Cycles, all procedural textures

This is my first entry on this topic, as an architecture student I’ve been following the weekend chalenges for last year but I never really had the time to participate. I see a lot of great entries each week and it motivates me to get better at blender. I hope everything is in order :slight_smile: .
(Sorry for my English I am from Montreal)

7 Likes

Oh man! That’s spoilers for me! I hadn’t gone so far :grimacing:

Hello,
PURE entry “Ancestor”
Cycles 480s

13 Likes

Thanks, Frank!

I’m constantly impressed by the massively talented artists on display here every week in this challenge.

It’s an honor to participate, when I can, and to be able to present my works alongside theirs.

2 Likes

“Golden monkey”

This is basically supposed to be something like Indiana Jones :stuck_out_tongue: I hope you like it! The setting is kind of like an ancient temple, with the monkey as the treasure at the end of the path.

Cycles - 780 Samples - Pure - Thanks-

3 Likes

Quetzalcoatl

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

I think this is one of the first times where I’m actually happy with my modelling.

Bonus points to anyone who can spell the name of my entry with their eyes closed. :smiley:

11 Likes

Hello, this is my first time posting on Blender Artists!

Here’s my entry based on Okunoin Cemetery in Japan.
Pure, Cycles.

I’ve been learning Blender for about a month now and had a lot of fun practising what I’ve learned with this challenge. Seeing all the great entries from everyone is very motivational :slight_smile:

Thanks!

7 Likes

Glad to see new faces around here!

Indeed! And we didn’t even need plastic surgery for that. :wink:

It’s great to see that this ancient challenge is still very much alive and kicking.

1 Like

“Wakey! Wakey!”

non competing (pure), cycles (128 samples + denoising)

5 Likes

Outfox
Pure, Cycles

1 Like