Challenge #884 "Butterfly" (29/05/20) Entries CLOSED

Paper Butterflies - Pure - Cycles - 512 Samples

This is my first submission ever, fell in love with these contests some time ago when I saw the silhouettes contest

I hope you guys enjoy it

18 Likes

“Rest” - Pure - Cycles - 10000 Samples

First time doing a weekend challenge, had a lot of fun. Looking forward to doing more in the future.

(I used an hdri, not sure if that makes it open as the rules aren’t really clear. I’d be glad to change the classification if I’m wrong.)

10 Likes

Don’t worry:

If you can honestly say to yourself, “Yes, I mainly used Blender to make this”, “Yes, nearly all of the foreground models are new”, “Yes, most of the models are new”, then the entry is Pure.

:slight_smile:

Nice one! More animals should switch so that kind of life cycle. You would probably see a lot of strange remains. Just imagine stumbling upon a bunch of Blue whale pupae. :slight_smile:

1 Like

6 Likes

Butterfly Rollercoaster Track
Pure, competing

Blender 2.82 Cycles + compositor
256 samples

15 Likes

Is this a submission?
You forgot to add the title and whether it is pure, open or non-competing.

Hello, here’s my entry for this week!

“Butterfly” - Pure - Cycles

I kept the modelling to a minimum this week as I wanted to focus on texturing. I feel like I’m finally starting to get my head around using nodes. I’ve still got a long way to go but I’ve definitely learned a lot this week :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Definitely gorgeous and a kick ass style, but you’d need to enter a new model, no recycling, that’s like double dipping a chip! This Seinfeld clip should clear up any questions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u55V4vVa_qQ

1 Like

“Trick or Treat”
Pure cycles

I was super excited about this one. I futzed around a bit with cloth sims for the first time in order to make the tutu.

11 Likes

Pure, Cycles.

A still from an animation

6 Likes

So I was working on a scene with a fairy… Having a few issues, cycles keeps crashing and Eevee is just black. Hopefully I’ll get it to work.

Amazing!!!

Butterflies?
open, competing, cycles 256 + denoise 1920x1080
Open because reused some old assets to get this done with limited time.

12 Likes

My Entry:

• Buttertrix
    Open: Textures for the caterpillar and pupa where downloaded images (which i also used as a reference to model them).
    Eevee rendered at 128 samples and used the AI denoiser. All three object stages have an Armature in them and the matrix rain is a partical system with a group of vertical letters.
4 Likes

Hello everyone,

My entry for this week-end:
The savior
Pure, Cycle, 2000 samples + denoising

Texture of the wings painted in photoshop and post process with photoshop as well

14 Likes

Butterfly drone
Cycles Blender 2.82

15 Likes

Here is my entry:

FLY, MY BUTTERFLY, FLY

Pure Blender 2.82a, Workbench render + compositor nodes.

RobertT

16 Likes

Pure “nom-nom” sketch
Blender 2.82a

update

8 Likes

Night Butterfly
Pure

8 Likes