Challenge #885 "Alternatives" (05/06/20) Entries CLOSED

What a night! I had a a few ideas - but actually, somehow nothing worked out. Almost all experiments failed, the volumes acted strangely, the noise was screaming / denoising didn’t help and preview and render window didn’t match. I think the whole “in the zone”-thing just didn’t work tonight. In the end, I changed my plan, started over and went with a fast and simple one. Maybe some sleep will help. Good night. :slight_smile:

"Scatterbrained Thimblerigger"

non competing (pure), cycles (512 samples + denoising)

8 Likes

I love it! I heavily considered doing an “alternative facts” entry…

1 Like

good night springton, there will be no encores :wink:

Continuing the discussion from Challenge #885 "Alternatives" (05/06/20) Entries OPEN:

Non competing. Just doing some pics to brighten my room up.
Came up with this. Old models. Lifeboat is printable.

War and Peace

Bogey.

7 Likes

Wanna trash the stage? :wink:

1 Like

Pure, Cycles.
“We need an alternative”

10 Likes

no more Alternatives
Pure entry, cycles 256 samples with denoise node. 1920x1080

The way everything is, I wish there was an option to live somewhere else… So I wanted to make a futuristic space themed image but where things still aren’t going to plan.

6 Likes

This is offensive, I don’t think this is the place for that kind of entry

1 Like

Good choice, he probably would eat a burger with knife and fork :laughing:

Very good work!

Hahaha now that is great!

1 Like

There was a story about him eating KFC with a knife and fork, which naturally drew ridicule :laughing:

1 Like

Haha I didn’t know that so just checked not-so-trusty Google and found it so I like spreading videos like that. Well-played I never would have been so quick thinking to create that lol

1 Like

“Weapon of Choice”
Pure, Cycles

I loved the theme this week! My entry is based on some of my favourite video game weapons that are often overlooked compared to swords and guns. Here’s to all the Bards, Beastmasters, Geomancers and Gamblers!

I’m quite happy with how this turned out. I wanted to spend more time texturing the harp and the background, but I don’t think I’ll have enough time before the deadline. I feel like my work is finally starting to get a bit closer to how I picture the scene in my head :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Head or Tails? Choose your alternative wisely.

Pure - Cycles - 128 Samples - Non Competing

Even thought I’m not in the competition for this weekend, still wanted to do something for the theme.

This is an animation to explore Rigid Bodies mostly, took 4 photographs from a Coin that I brought back from Budapest last year, that was a really good trip and I wanted to make something special out of it.

Just used my phone to take those pics so the Quality isn’t amazing, but the modeling and texturing was pretty fun and the process with high quality tools would be the same.

Here at 60FPS 1080P
https://youtu.be/EY4EukuUjeo

Just used a texture from TextureHaven and an HDRI from HDRIHaven, this is a 5 object scene.

Coin - Glass - Plane where coin falls from - Tablecloth - Passive Rigid Body box

5 Likes

This is offensive.

2 Likes

“In Search of Alternatives”
PURE entry, eevee
The planets are image planes from Pixabay.

7 Likes

Hi,
My first attempt to participate Blender with 3 mth+ since started using Blender for “after effect” to video.

Description:
Alternative Flames of choice. Choose between
Dwarf Flame, Frozen Flame, Elf Flame or Dark Lord Flame

Category : Pure (all blender)
Image below (also a video of it - just for fun after it)

Here’s a short video on this theme … just for fun

2 Likes

Resubmitting as jpeg file (244Kb) - less than 250kB competition rule.
My mistake on earlier upload file in png file and did not scale down.

2 Likes

Here is my entry:

COARSELY OR SMOOTHLY

Pure Blender 2.82a.

RobertT

5 Likes