Eclipse
Pure, competing

Blender 2.83 Cycles + compositor
256 samples

9 Likes

That reminded me of this song, for some reason

1 Like

Jupiter in the shadows
Jupiter model from sketchfab ( CC0 cultural heritage model)
Rendered in Eevee.

5 Likes

Here is my entry:

GNOMON: THE SHADOW OF TIME

Pure Blender 2.82a, Cycles.

RobertT

9 Likes

@T1chy what tip? However I did use the method of a negative value point light to get the dark shadow without it getting washed out from the other light sources. Just found out about that method just before the theme came out, kind of ironic lol

1 Like

Hah :sweat_smile: I meant tip posted by @SHADOWSTORM , but somehow my brain mixed you up :upside_down_face: maybe because you used that technic. Cool is that you present the use of it, before he post it :grin:

1 Like

pure entry
Skulls!!

as simple as possible 3 skulls with a volumetric lighting with some denoising
cycles render

6 Likes

“Volley”

Non-competing.

5 Likes

“Siren head spotted!”
Eevee, 16 samples, pure

i actually have a quick thing to say, i wanted to make this a LOT more detailed (detailing the siren head model i made) and i originally had a completely different scene planned, but i was not on my computer lately so i had to make it today before the deadline. also, i was planning on making a siren head model for fun anyways, but then i saw the theme for this week, so i thought i’d do a siren head thingy, anyways, i hope you like it!

1 Like

Welcome on board! Nice entry, keep it up. :slight_smile:

Hi! It must have been years since we saw you entering the weekend challenge for the last time. (2017?)
Welcome back! :slight_smile:

Thanks Marcin! I tried to get as much light as possible into this shadowy entry. :sun_with_face:

I had to google that one… I think, I’ll probably avoid forests for the next week or so. :wink:

1 Like

Master Of shadows

Pure, eevee

1 Like

I think, I saw someone writing/replying just a moment ago. So, I’ll keep the entry thread open for another 30 minutes, just in case. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“Think Big!”
Pure Cycles.
I waited way too late to start this project, this is the first render… just trying to get it submitted on time. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

@Helge, yeah that’s probably about right. It’s been awhile.

You’ve got me thinking about the size of eclipse shadows now. Apparently they’re much bigger. I’ll resist a rant about relative sizes and distances.

Nice job with the planet. Is the blue halo on the planet a compositing effect or something fancy like subsurface scattering?

That’s some nice grass. Is it just a hair system?

Yes. I over layed a voronoi pattern with some yellowing and hit the entire thing with a turbulent force field. The rest was just a lot of fiddling with the hair system.

I have no idea what the actual size is. I just went and tried to fit a moon and planet with the shadow all in one image. If it were modelled accurately based on the actual size and distances, the moon should be twice as far away, but being mostly dark, I made it closer to be seen at that angle as an artistic choice.

The atmosphere isn’t done with the compositor except for some post processing glare. The actual atmosphere is a volume scatter node (with colour ramp used to get the fade).

Ah, I’ve used clumping when I’ve tried to hair in the past.
A turbulent forcefield sounds far more sensible