• deltaray
  • Millani
  • Levito
  • Ryan_Dougherty
  • Sssjjjbbb
  • Karmon
  • catblue44

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Jul 22, 2020 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20200724-wc

Pure Entries

KickAir_8P: Suzanne Ascending

fcharr: Kevin is Rising

gabrielg1976: Ascending Monkey Heads

Aeglaca: Journey’s End

Al_Torres: The Departure

LG_787: From the depths ascended

Kanga3020: Rocketship

aifosDesign: Botanical Probing

beau11: Up The Stairs of Time

Rhodexa: Everything that goes up, must go down (safely)

atekdigital: Ascending steps to achieve the goal

Render_Style: The Rise of the Dark

deltaray: Blender Rocket Ascending

Millani: Up Lift

Levito: Ascending Stairway to the afterlife.

Ryan_Dougherty: Desert Ascension

Sssjjjbbb: Balloon Crossing

Karmon: Ascending of fallen angel

catblue44: ASCENT

Non-competing Entries

Helge: Ascending from Home

purbosky: Up Onto Greener Pastures

RobertT: PERPETUAL ASCENT OF SISYPHUS

1 Like

@Sssjjjbbb: Now I know why that snake felt so familiar. Over the years I have drawn quite a collection of small (5x5cm) concepts and ideas. An air-snake (“Luft-Schlange” => “paper streamer”) was one of them. :slight_smile:
grafik

7 Likes

Aw, I love it! He looks very pleased with his creative transportation… :smiley:

3 Likes

Indeed! And tying so many bows without hands is something to be proud of, as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Loving everyone’s entries this week! Spent yesterday organizing and deleting files on my computer, apparently I had every texture I would ever need and then some. Can’t wait to use my new homemade library for the next project!

2 Likes

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 891 with votes from 31% of the voters is… Millani!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Up Lift

5 Likes

Congrats Millani!

This week my votes went to atekdigital’s Ascending steps to achieve the goal (bright, colorful, cheerful), Al_Torres’s The Departure (the low-air sunset really sets the mood), and gabrielg1976’s Ascending Monkey Heads (Suzanne! Like the techno-effects and colors). Also enjoyed RobertT’s PERPETUAL ASCENT OF SISYPHUS (positive spin), purbosky’s Up Onto Greener Pastures (like the colors), Helge’s Ascending from Home (evocative, nice use of mixed media), catblue44’s ASCENT (nice save, like the nominative determinism), Karmon’s Ascending of fallen angel (almost voted for this, the composition threw me), Sssjjjbbb’s Balloon Crossing (almost voted for this, felt the light was too cold for a sunny day), Ryan_Dougherty’s Desert Ascension (effective use of central composition), Millani’s Up Lift (the lighting, wow!), deltaray’s Blender Rocket Ascending (nice shot!), Rhodexa’s Everything that goes up, must go down (safely) (honestly like the still in the submission thread better than the vid, I’d say it sold the sense of movement without needing movement), beau11’s Up The Stairs of Time (beautiful, really like the colors, light, mist, & dust), aifosDesign’s Botanical Probing (beautiful take on this), Kanga3020’s Rocketship (lovely low-poly), Aeglaca’s Journey’s End (don’t know the source material, but love the lighting), and fcharr’s Kevin is Rising (cute piggy!).

5 Likes

Thanks @KickAir_8P, for taking the time to go through all these entries!

There will be many more soon. :wink:

I just started the new entry thread:

Thanks a lot for the votes, everyone! I hope you’ll enjoy the next theme!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I do have the hardest time with lighting. I tweek it constantly, to the point where I just think it never looks right. I need to learn more about it, for sure…