• deltaray
  • Xeofrios
  • Kaylee_J
  • Blendede
  • mirek_snd
  • EricBearic
  • catblue44

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Jul 29, 2020 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20200731-wc

Pure Entries

RayVelcoro: 64itled

Rhodexa: Closest Approach

dragerx001: spacescape

rigoletto: No space to play

fcharr: My Night Sky

Gismo_Wander: look back

david.speer: Observatory

SidewaysUpJoe: Only in the Desert

FlyingBanana: Stargazing Rover

Roobsel: Phantasya

I_don_t_know: Tweed space suit

beau11: Eye to the Universe

unyxium: Space Telescope

KickAir_8P: Suzanne Stargazing on the Porch

Kanga3020: Reflections

deltaray: cosmic-microwave-background-map

Xeofrios: What’s That?

Kaylee_J: Worlds

Blendede: Chocolate Suzanne in Space

mirek_snd: Dreaming of great journeys

EricBearic: erics-solarsystem-render1

catblue44: A method

Non-competing Entries

Helge: Astronome

Millani: Zero-G Astronomy

purbosky: Stellarium

1 Like

Interesting, think this is the first weekend ive seen (still being new here) that there are no “open” entries (not that it matters). Some nice work and cool ideas, good job to all.

4 Likes

@Roobsel You created a really clean, simple and stylized render. Great for Wallpapers. I liked it!

@Kanga3020 Good composition! i really love the details in the telescope, plus, looks really clean

@mirek_snd Honestly, the scene is a little confusing to me, but the amount of detail you added is awesome!

Those are my votes…
Happy week, team! :heart:

2 Likes

Awesome entries this week!!! :star_struck:

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 892 with votes from 37.2% of the voters is… mirek_snd!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Dreaming of great journeys

3 Likes

Congrats mirek_snd!

This week my votes went to SidewaysUpJoe’s Only in the Desert (dreamy sky), Gismo_Wander’s look back (a cosmic Suzanne!), and rigoletto’s No space to play (the little teddy bear’s a gut punch).

Also enjoyed purbosky’s Stellarium (I’d’ve voted for this, reminds me of some old sci-fi book covers), Millani’s Zero-G Astronomy (ha!), Helge’s Astronome (intriguing), catblue44’s A method (now that’s a skylight!), EricBearic’s erics-solarsystem-render1 (little green Suzanne aliens!), mirek_snd’s Dreaming of great journeys (kinda melancholy), Blendede’s Chocolate Suzanne in Space (looks yummy!), Kaylee_J’s Worlds (beautiful sense of desolation), Xeofrios’s What’s That? (like that starry sky, and I’m impressed when somebody gets a nice human figure done inside the timeframe), deltaray’s cosmic-microwave-background-map (what it says on the tin, like your take on this), Kanga3020’s Reflections (effective composition, convincing 'scope), unyxium’s Space Telescope (like that model), beau11’s Eye to the Universe (lovely effect), I_don_t_know’s Tweed space suit (yeah, that makes sense), Roobsel’s Phantasya (nice planet, I like how the exaggerated bump/displacement looks on it), FlyingBanana’s Stargazing Rover (I believe in ice, Rover believes in stars), david.speer’s Observatory (swirly!), fcharr’s My Night Sky (like how the curtains came out, and that’s a good-looking telescope), dragerx001’s spacescape (beautiful), Rhodexa’s Closest Approach (nice lighting on that probe), and RayVelcoro’s 64itled (nice concept, even unfinished looks good).

5 Likes

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for all the votes! I wasn’t expect to win this one with my quick entry but I had much fun making it.
Congrats to all participants!
:wink:

1 Like

Congrats on the win, • mirek_snd! well desirved. I was surprised to see my WIP came in 2th. Thx guys!

1 Like

Yep, that’s the sort of thing that takes me more than 4 or 5 days to do. :flushed: Ah, well – practice, practice, practice!

Jeez this is literally like my fourth figure sculpt! And I don’t know anything about anatomy whatsoever. The figure is pretty anatomically pants if u ask me.

You misunderstand – my point was that I need a lot more practice before I’ll be able to get something that good done inside of a Weekend Challenge timeframe.

It’s really not that hard if you try! Try giving it a shot. I am not a pro of any sorts, so why can’t you?

I’d rather not go into detail here about my circumstances and disabilities. I can model a partial human figure, but it’d take me longer than I have during a Weekend Challenge timeframe. With more practice I’ll eventually get fast enough at it, I’m sure. In the meantime I’ll admire those who do, and do what I can.

2 Likes