• mirek_snd
  • Dangry
  • Prashantvyas
  • beau11
  • HazelQ
  • wesley_vanroose
  • SidewaysUpJoe

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Aug 12, 2020 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20200816-wc

Pure Entries

KickAir_8P: Starfighter Suzanne

sherlockjeo: RetroPac

object: Ghost arcade

fcharr: Ret Row

Millani: Space Invaders

Kanga3020: Cyclone!

Watndit: Pacman remebering the good old times

deltaray: Lightcycles from Tron (1982)

Levito: Pacman and Asteroids

rigoletto: Pinball “VerteX”

mirek_snd: Old times

Dangry: Old Arcade Maschines

Open Entries

Prashantvyas: car mobile

beau11: Good old Days

(grass essentials and some grunge textures)

HazelQ: Mall Arcade

(The man is from here. All the other models are my own. Wall, ceiling, and floor textures are from texturehaven, HDRI from HDRIhaven, screen textures are procedural.)

wesley_vanroose: object of power classified:The demon arcade machine!

(Textures: Procedural and from cc0textures and substance painter.)

SidewaysUpJoe: Forgotten Fun

(MakeHuman and Arcade image from the internet.)

Non-competing Entries

Helge: MOVE

dragerx001: arcade

BlenderSplendor: Donkey Frogger

MonkeYceBear: ARWING

Alot of great renders for everyone, really hard to vote on this one.

When’t with @Watndit = original, @Dangry = atmosphere, @mirek_snd = spot on.

Great entries! Loved the vibe in each one. I voted for @Dangry because of the amazing atmosphere (wondering if I could see a lighting setup?), @mirek_snd for the the aesthetic and attention to detail, and finally @rigolettofir the technical proficiency in the modelling! Good job everyone!

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:
I did a quick breakdown of the lighting setup here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSkx9BaKaxo&feature=youtu.be

To summarize:

1. HDRi from hdrihaven.com to add fill light
  2. box that has a principle volume shader to add godrays
  3. directional light to make the room and godrays brigher
  4. light portal in the window to reduce noise
  5. area light to make the orange arcade mashince brigher
  6. particles as dust
3 Likes

Thanks! The execution is wonderful, I think what I’m missing is the area light. I’ve never experimented with those and always default to a weak sun lamp…

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 894 with votes from 68.3% of the voters is… Dangry!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Old Arcade Maschines

5 Likes

Congratulations @Dangry, great example of making the most out of scarce resources. Also, an emotional rendition of a time forgotten by many.

1 Like

Congrats Dangry, and thanks to the person who voted for mine!

This week my votes went to beau11’s Good old Days (everything comes together in this one), sherlockjeo’s RetroPac (love how you did the 3D on this), and fcharr’s Ret Row (you captured it). Also enjoyed object’s Ghost arcade (effective effects), Millani’s Space Invaders (beautiful pixelization), Kanga3020’s Cyclone! (somehow makes me want to touch it), Watndit’s Pacman remebering the good old times (funny, love the panels), deltaray’s Lightcycles from Tron (1982) (nice take on it), rigoletto’s Pinball “VerteX” (the Suzanne in the corner won my heart), mirek_snd’s Old times (practically photorealistic), Dangry’s Old Arcade Maschines (intensely melancholy), Prashantvyas’s car mobile (interesting composition, like how the grayscale emphasizes it), HazelQ’s Mall Arcade (like the colors), wesley_vanroose’s object of power classified:The demon arcade machine! (evocative),
SidewaysUpJoe’s Forgotten Fun (funny!), Helge’s MOVE (simple and subtle – the texture on that knob really sets it off), dragerx001’s arcade (cute!), and MonkeYceBear’s ARWING (lovely low-poly).

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for the votes everyone! :slight_smile: I really enjoyed this week’s challenge and I feel that I learned a lot. Hope you enjoy the next theme!

Excellent entries.

Thanks for this lighting breakdown. I’ve an upcoming project in which I want to have some similar style lighting. This will give me a great place to start.

1 Like

Congrats Dangry!!
And thanks to everybody who voted for me, that was my best rank until now.

It really made me laugh that my typo in “remembering” was always copied :rofl: