• miketche
  • KickAir_8P
  • Sssjjjbbb
  • wesley_vanroose
  • beau11
  • Jerebou
  • Gizmo73

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Aug 19, 2020 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20200821-wc

Pure Entries

DominikR: Snails in the garden

AlphaChannel: SnAle

rigoletto: Ammonite blenderitus trispatium

FlyingBanana: Snail Mail

fcharr: Spirals

Xeofrios: Snolitude

RayVelcoro: Ancient Snail Vases

Millani: Snail Tower

Watndit: Lemon Candy Snail

miketche: Rocket Snail

KickAir_8P: Snail Suzanne

Sssjjjbbb: Suzie the snail with the glass shell

Open Entries

wesley_vanroose: A Snail Home

(Open: Made textures in substance painter and photoshop.)

beau11: Snail Mail

(Open (grass essentials))

Jerebou: Laundy day

(Open entry: I used the tree bark texture from this thread: Procedural bark material)

Gizmo73: Marbled Snail

(Open entry as textures were found on cgbookcase.com. Models are mine.)

Non-competing Entries

GIPeN: caracol

SHADOWSTORM: snail radiod

Helge: Snailing Ship

2 Likes

Definitely come cool entries.

Did not vote for @wesley_vanroose cause i think he will win by a land slide, really really great scene - aside from the house, it was cool you added someone coming home too :+1:

So @Jerebou cause that was clever, @KickAir_8P really did a number with Suzanne and @miketche like the cartoon vib and the shell kind of looks like a cinnamon roll and made me hungry.

Great work for everyone and the texturing for all the entries are really good.

4 Likes

Just realized there are 2 “Snail Mail” entries :grinning:

Had the post office on the mind this week! :smiley:

2 Likes

Very interesting topic, one of those challenges that most people will sidestep. A snail shell is a very complex structure, for a half a day I mused about weather or not I could conjure up a work flow for recreating such a thing. I ended up using a beveled spiral curve: Close enough. In a way, the sail on Helge’s sea snail looks like a place holder for the actual shell. Everyone approximated the structure to a certain degree, I feel Lemon Candy Snail was the closest to the real deal. I like the low poly snails in the garden, although that clipped grass blade triggers my OCD :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 895 with votes from 45.2% of the voters is… wesley_vanroose!
Here’s to all the great participators…

A Snail Home

6 Likes

Thanks! And yes, the grass was messed up from the beginning. I got tired of cleaning up at some point and missed that one corner, though it’s so super-obvious there. Well I hope I can shove some grass in the next topic as well and try some other strategies then.

2 Likes

Congrats wesley_vanroose, and thanks to the people who voted for mine!

This week my votes went to wesley_vanroose’s A Snail Home (magical), miketche’s Rocket Snail (he feels the need for speed!), and DominikR’s Snails in the garden (I’d’ve liked sunnier light on this, but still voteworthy IMHO). Also enjoyed Helge’s Snailing Ship (wonderfully woody), SHADOWSTORM’s snail radiod (yikes!), GIPeN’s caracol (convincing), Gizmo73’s Marbled Snail (elegant), Jerebou’s Laundy day (cute concept), beau11’s Snail Mail (awwww, cute wittle postsnail), Sssjjjbbb’s Suzie the snail with the glass shell (beautiful iridescence), Watndit’s Lemon Candy Snail (like the textures), Millani’s Snail Tower (like the colors), RayVelcoro’s Ancient Snail Vases (those feel very 1920’s to me), Xeofrios’s Snolitude (perfect expression), fcharr’s Spirals (love your snail’s face), rigoletto’s Ammonite blenderitus trispatium (magnificent concept, beautifully executed, almost voted for this), and AlphaChannel’s SnAle (look out little guy, beer is bad for snails!).

2 Likes

Thanks, the cloud covering the sky is also a snail (without the shell). Also, ‘caracol’ is snail in Portuguese…

2 Likes

Back to donuts and anvils I go. Good job everyone… Congrats @wesley_vanroose

1 Like

Ow wow I won, thanks to every how vote for it :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

Congrats welesly_vanroose! Don’t really get to see such high quality work in weekend challenges. I beleive you are a full-time 3D artists?

Thanks! Also thanks to every one who voted for me. Didn’t really have a plan for this one. Just went with the flow.

2 Likes

Jep :slight_smile: Just stared to learn blender 2.8 and it is a really fun software it still blows my mind that is free. If you ar interested in my work you can always check my Artsation

1 Like

Awesome stuff!

Congrats to wesley_vanroose! Awesome scene dude. Thanks to whoever voted for my entry as well.

Quite a collection you have there. Funny stuff.