• DiGelOo
  • Tohron
  • Ledger9o9
  • wesley_vanroose
  • Gismo_Wander
  • KickAir_8P
  • Komojo

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Aug 26, 2020 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20200829-wc

Pure Entries

LilTreason: untitled

3dnotguru: no title

Gizmo73: Pack of balloon dogs

RayVelcoro: Something Surreal

rigoletto: Guardian of the forest

DavidRoomes: Hornwhale Hunt

Kena: magritte (2)

Millani: Reading Light

Sssjjjbbb: Chef’s Kitchen

Miatpi: Memento Anima

Open Entries

miketche: Puzzle.

(I found the human model somewhere on the internet.)

fcharr: Pretentious Morsel of Trife

(I was going to enter it as pure, but I had to ask meself: Can I create 3 master pieces in one sitting? Alas the answer to that question was a resounding nay. The textures were found somewhere in my collection of master pieces.)

DominikR: News Overdose

(flags are textures)

DiGelOo: Checkpoint at the edge of nowhere

(Open, Eevee, the model for the food stand is a reuse from an earlier project)

Tohron: Bug Woman

(used makehuman to generate human model)

Ledger9o9: Treecube Hall

(Open,Cycles Postproduction Photoshop ( tree made using Modular Tree Addon ))

wesley_vanroose: The void

(Open,Cycles make human)

Gismo_Wander: Blender inside Brain

KickAir_8P: The Persistence of Suzanne

( Open because I included the Sutherland Team’s 1972 hand “scan” of a Volkswagen Beetle and the Stanford Bunny (res2) as two of the iconic 3D test models used.)

Komojo: The Dream Door

((re-using a few assets and using Krita for compositing))

Non-competing Entries

Helge: Stuck in the Middle

Bhagath: surealism

nice one, Millani! U got my vote.

1 Like

Thanks! You also got my vote.

Btw, how did you make that ball-thingy on yours? The threads don’t seem to be overlapping, so I suppose you used some physics simulation?

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 896 with votes from 40.9% of the voters is… Millani!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Reading Light

5 Likes

Thank you all for the votes! I hope you’ll enjoy the next theme.

5 Likes

Cograts on the win!

I used the spline generator add-on for that and then puzzled it into a plausible still. :slight_smile:

thb, at first I had something completely different in mind, but accidentally came up with that gorgeous stam texture, so I went on from there. We all must have been there many times already. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is no doubt about that!
Here we go: “Gears”!

2 Likes

Congratulations @Millani, very surreal indeed.

2 Likes

Congrats Millani, and thanks to the people who voted for mine!

This week my votes went to Gismo_Wander’s Blender inside Brain (you called it lazy, I think it’s brilliant), Sssjjjbbb’s Chef’s Kitchen (whimsical), and DavidRoomes’s Hornwhale Hunt (aw, flower-gun).

Also enjoyed Bhagath’s surealism (nice sculpting), Helge’s Stuck in the Middle (somehow thought it’d be taller), Komojo’s The Dream Door (dangerously liminal), wesley_vanroose’s The void (cyclical), Ledger9o9’s Treecube Hall (like the composition), Tohron’s Bug Woman (something about this bugs me though), DiGelOo’s Checkpoint at the edge of nowhere (like the light), DominikR’s News Overdose (topical), fcharr’s Pretentious Morsel of Trife (deep), Miatpi’s Memento Anima (haunting), Millani’s Reading Light (very punny), Kena’s magritte (2) (nice take on it), rigoletto’s Guardian of the forest (vengeful), RayVelcoro’s Something Surreal (like the lines), Gizmo73’s Pack of balloon dogs (cute), and LilTreason’s untitled (psychedelic).

3 Likes

Very nice Millani, first time i see it i already guessed that is not going to be beaten.

Damn, your are right i startet this picture hateful, revenge for all slaughtered trees. I first tried to turn the hand to the viewer, so you can see the victim, getting pressed trough the fingers. Bones breaks, blood splatters. But my skills were not sufficent enough. So i hide it in the hand.
But at the end i find it to dark, so i get the idea to place this little sapling. Guess its to little.

And yes i like horror movies and co. :smiley:

2 Likes

Cograts :slight_smile: And a very fine and funny render, well done!

1 Like