Challenge #899 "Fragments" (11/09/20) Entries CLOSED

Just found a fix! Seems to be some sort of bug but I was able to get rid of the streaks by adding in another object (in this case duplicated ceiling mesh) above the ceiling. Not sure why it happens…

1 Like

Whats up with this weird samples, 228 might be a typo and 111 samples a hidden tribute to the topic!? :smiley:

1 Like

Actually, this has never been specified - so, there have been a few discussions on this matter. This is a nice one:

This one, too:

:slight_smile:

Maybe simular to this ?

4 Likes

just a good time for result that I enjoy. I’ve made some of my favorite pieces with that sample rate. I could have taken it to 256. Maybe would have been less than a couple seconds difference.

I never saw the movie played the game’s a lot, is the movie any good? Because most of the time games to movie never really translates well

1 Like

Damn, I didn’t realise that today was Monday! Let’s see what I can knock up in the next 3 hours!

5 Likes

"White Whale"

8 Likes

This coffee looks so strong!

@KickAir_8P @Helge

Thanks for the replies, I actually had more time to work on the challenge than I thought I would, so I just replaced the wood texture I was going to use with a procedural one, and now I am down to only one small image , so I am gonna mark down as pure as I am nearly done atm. Just putting on the finishing touches

2 Likes

The Argument

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

4 Likes

Narsil
Pure

Phew. I only had a few hours for this. Happy enough with it. I wanted to do more with the background and the lighting, but I ran out of time. Maybe I’ll mock up something anyway in the meantime.

First time playing with the cloth brush. Wasted a bit too much time there, lol.

EDIT:

Here’s an update with some more love. It’s 35 minutes after the dealine, so I’ll understand if you won’t accept it.

7 Likes

Fragment of heaven PURE

5 Likes

“Puzzles”
Pure entry, Cycles on 256 samples + denoise

Small fragments which can bring much joy when you try solving their mystery.
I’ve almost miss the deadline thinking I have another day so I had to force myself to finish this one rather quickly. All made, rendered and composited in around 1,5h.

9 Likes

Don’t worry. There are still about 15 minutes left.
(And after that, I usually wait another 20-30 Minutes before finally closing entries.)

So, you could still add another update. :wink:

What? Are you saying it’s not of a good enough standard? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Damn, I just shut down the computer and I’m taking the dog out for her nightly loo round. No more updates from me. It was a fun little challenge in the short space of time. I’m not quite at Beeble levels just yet :joy:

Pure
Had the day off so I decided to try to figure out how to do procedural wood. The only thing I got from the web was the music sheet, but that was because I was too lazy to open up Reaper and take a screen shot :stuck_out_tongue: There was supposed to be a small particle system for big pieces of dust flying around but for some reason that didn’t render.(that’s what I get for using alpha release i guess "

6 Likes

Standard? I would never use an ordinary word like that in order to describe your work!

On behalf of the dog, I think this was the right decision. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Such kind words, sir!