Challenge #907 "Toilet of the Future" (06/11/20) Entries CLOSED

Theme #907 for Friday 6th of November 2020 is:

Toilet of the Future

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Nov 9, 2020 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Down and down it goes

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wow, this contest has really gone down the toilet. :rofl:

7 Likes

NOT an entry – WiP – although this image is pure, the final submission will be open because I’m doing the text in Inkscape.

Title: Making a Deposit

Pure

How long before this environmental solution is a reality? Looks like hair is going to be a thing of the past too! So much to look forward to after lockdown.

3 Likes

The Green New Deal

Non Competing, pure, 1000 samples.

1 Like

The Personal BioWaste Disposal Vortex 5000

Open entry, Cycles render, 128 samples & compositor denoising in 2.90.1. Open because of postwork in GIMP and text added in Inkscape. Font is Minerva Regular by Altsys Fontographer (available free here), composition is Rule of Thirds, 8x5 aspect ratio.

DisposalVortex014.blend (1.6 MB)

1 Like

Pure entry - Evil Toilet

5 Likes

When nature calls…

Open

I made the 5 gallon tub and the things on it and in it, I also created the gun and the toilet paper along with the sticks holding them up. The grass, weeds and tree models existed already as a part of my assets.

This was rendered in cycles with 4 lamps not including the world light. It was rendered at the default settings for samples with optix denoising.

I loved the very creative theme for this week and I couldn’t help but make an entry for this after seeing entries open today.:rofl:

12 Likes

Toilet of many colors looking for the one ring to flush them all?

3 Likes

I think neither the past nor the future matters; Live in the moment!
Thank you for your attention, comrades(WOW WORD :heart_eyes: )

2 Likes

“the future is closer then you think”
pure entry

I rendered it in cycles. I went a bit over the top in resolution with 3840x2160 however it made the compositing look better. This is a futuristic bathroom with a futuristic toilet in it.

May I just say that this was a very creative topic and i had alot of fun making it!

3 Likes

" STGC"
Shit to Gold Converter.
In the future nobody needs to work anymore :sunglasses:
Pure, rendered with Cycles.

12 Likes

“Biosphere 00”

non competing (pure),
Cycles (128 samples, adaptive sampling, OpenImageDenoise),
Blender 2.92.0 Alpha

previous version:

9 Likes

Just needs a salad bar the other side and then it’s a true cycles render :wink:

3 Likes

Actually. that was my original plan (naming it “Full Circle”). But at 4:45 in the morning I decided to call it a day. :wink:

edit: I just quickly added a few fruits. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

RGB HoloBowl

Redered in Cycles. 256 samples with the denoiser.

Initally posted as a pure entry but I forgot I used a node group made by SynaGl0w so I’ll count it as Open. I used their Hexagon node to create the ridges in the floor.

7 Likes

Fun entries, great topic @fcharr!

I love the hexagon-tile floor, d’you mind posting how you got that? And that’s a lovely hologram effect.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve edited my post to include a mention to SynaGl0w. I used his node group that makes procedureal hexagons. It also has a nifty feature that not only does it create linework, but it also assigns a greyscale colour to each individual face. The grid is used as a bump map. I used each face to randomly rotate the texture coordinates of the marble texture so it doesn’t look like a single texture overlayed over the top. Here’s the node setup.

1 Like

Much appreciated! Did you import the node group, or set it up from scratch? Because if you set it up fresh I’d still call this pure – I do pretty much the same stuff to Suzanne every time I use her in the Weekend Challenge (separate the eyes out, use different subdivision setups on the face than the eyes, setup material zones on both, sometimes uv-unwrap the eyes again if I’m doing detailed irises or bloodshot eyewhites), but I do it fresh each time for purity (and practice).

But I was trying to do a hexagon displacement a few weeks ago, and I couldn’t find a method I was happy with. I did it a different way, but I’m glad to have SynaGl0w’s hexagon node setup – thanks!

1 Like

I imported just the PHexagonTiles group. The rest is mine. Eh, I’ll stay on the safe side and still call it open. Granted, I could just take a colourised texture, desaturate it and then run an edge detect in Gimp to achieve the same result. Saying that, it would still probabaly be considered open.

I hadn’t realised until you mentioned that you include a Suzanne in every entry. That’s cool! Is there a particular reason for it or just to make it more challenging?

1 Like