Challenge #909 "Your Greatest Fear" (20/11/20) Entries CLOSED

Theme #909 for Friday 20th of November 2020 is:

Your Greatest Fear

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Nov 23, 2020 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Fear of the Dark

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

here we go. I was about to start working on something else. guess we gotta revisit our dark secret past before it can come back to hunt us :slight_smile:

1 Like

“the fear a friend of mine has”
non-competing - cycles

meme entry, since this will probably get very dark very quick.
disclaimer: this is a joke.
I have been hacked.
send help.

1 Like

This is my first time doing the challenge, do I just reply to this forum post with my render?

3 Likes

yep, you got it.

3 Likes

Hi Tyler, welcome on board. :slight_smile:
As Joe said: Yep!

2 Likes

Okay great, my submission is almost done I just need to finish texture painting.

2 Likes

Nautiloid (Final Submission)
Pure, Cycles + some color tweaking in photoshop.

I chose to make this because I am simultaneously fascinated and terrified by the ocean. I also just learned how to sculpt a human skull and wanted to build a style off of that.

This is also my very first time using multires, and my very first time posting to the weekend challenge, so feel free to shoot me feedback.

15 Likes

2020: The call of Cthulhu DLC

1 Like

My biggest fear is a big empty space.
Looks as good as impossible to render that out…
Update: Something like this ?:
BigEmptySpace
Will think about it how I can improve it.

4 Likes

here is my entry:
“Vacuum Decay”
Open-cycles

(marked as open since I reused one of my old head sculpts, although I ended up having to re-mesh it anyway. All other models, the eye and hair, are new, and all textures besides the eye texture are procedural)
Second angle:

here is the material, if you want it:

Material

material.blend (1.3 MB)

Context: this is an attempt to visualize one of the worst nightmares quantum physics have ever encountered, so is not physically accurate. On summary, the higgs field, one of the the building blocks of everything, is not really stable, and could collapse at any moment. There is nothing that can be done about it, and if it ever happens, there is no way of even know it is happening until it arrives, at the speed of light, and turns every and each one of your atoms to literal nothing.
here are 2 videos on the subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzaCWpl6bWg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijFm6DxNVyI

sorry for making you paranoid.

4 Likes

Accidental Suicide

Pure. …and it’s my biggest fear.

6 Likes

Title: Now what ??

Pure

WIP for now… in case i dont get back and finish.

5 Likes

Ghost

Pure & then touched up in PS.

My first time posting here, I’m pretty new to Blender and wow! What a lovely community and a place of inspiration. So glad I found this place, good to meet you all :smiley:

3 Likes

Final Resting Place

Pure entry, 1000 samples.

1 Like

he’s found a collision glitch on real life :slight_smile:

"Disastrous Disequilibrium"

non competing (pure), Cycles (256 samples + OpenImageDenoise), Blender 2.92.0 Alpha

3 Likes

Great White (Final Submission)
Pure, Eevee

So I’ve always loved water, but one of my greatest fears is to encounter a shark… not much chance of that happening, living in Norway, but still. So here is my submission. Took some time to model the shark, but almost as long to get the lighting right :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Your Greatest Fear…To stay alone in this world…

OPEN… Picture of sky was taken by my wife yesterday…Everything else was made in Blender with little composition

13 Likes

Wow… Hard to say if the compistion complaments the photo or the other way around. Great photo and great work with it, thats a really lovely scene.