• Peetie
  • fcharr
  • thondal
  • Deep_Patel
  • Boder
  • SHADOWSTORM
  • Karmon

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Nov 25, 2020 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20201130-wc

Pure Entries

tylerkjkjkj: Nautiloid

benibrahim: Accidental Suicide

SidewaysUpJoe: Now what ??

Foogazoid: Ghost

Peetie: My biggest fear is a big empty space.

fcharr: Final Resting Place

thondal: Great White

Deep_Patel: The end of the world and being the only survivor.

Boder: Man becomes animal.

Open Entries

SHADOWSTORM: Vacuum Decay

((marked as open since I reused one of my old head sculpts, although I ended up having to re-mesh it anyway. All other models, the eye and hair, are new, and all textures besides the eye texture are procedural))

Karmon: Your Greatest Fear…To stay alone in this world…

(Picture of sky was taken by my wife yesterday…Everything else was made in Blender with little composition)

Non-competing Entries

SHADOWSTORM: the fear a friend of mine has

Helge: Disastrous Disequilibrium

2 Likes

Awks, did I join? Thought I removed the title.
It’s ok though. :grinning:

Before I vote, I want to know if Deep_Patel made an Open entry or a Pure entry.

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 909 with votes from 55.9% of the voters is… tylerkjkjkj!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Nautiloid

1 Like

Btw.: let me tell you a secret…

1 Like

Congratulations, tylerkjkjkj. Your Nautiloid is definitely unique. I particularly like the tentacles and glowing red light. I feel that the noise of the image actually enhances the overall effect. Very cool model.

To Helge, I have a question. If we had a goal of getting an entry in on time but we then figured out how to fix some material lighting issues, can we post a post-contest version of our entry in this thread or is there a better forum to do that?

1 Like

Usually, the voting thread is a great place for posting updates. This way, people who already know the initial entry, can see and discuss the progress. However, if you want to put a lot of additional time into the project, refine it, make it the best it could possible be and convert it into a portfolio piece to be proud of, the Artwork forums like “Focused Critiques”, “Work in Progress” or “Finished Projects” might be the better/‘more visible’ choice. :slight_smile:

Okay, I have done some more things with my contest entry:

1 Like

Nice update! You really improved the original entry. If you are planning to keep working on it, you could probably make things even more dramatic by tweaking the lighting a little. Not sure if it works out but maybe it is worth trying.

E.g. something like this:

2 Likes

Thanks for the response and feeback, glad you liked the update.

Yeah, I think you may be right. I conquer modeling … and then I conquer materials (for this image) … but then I have to do lighting properly. I have a friend who also said they liked the shadows of the first one. I possibly just wanted everything to be seen because I worked on materials.

1 Like