• Stefan_Stummer
  • rigoletto
  • fcharr
  • KickAir_8P
  • Millani
  • Levito
  • wesley_vanroose
0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Dec 23, 2020 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20201228-wc

Pure Entries

2Rock: Wax on, wax off or, repeat, repeat, repeat.

Ira_R: Turn on your brain.

tylerkjkjkj: Try Fail Try Again

T1chy: Hammer time!

linuus: Fruit Of One’s Labor

Victor2: A foggy morning…

Stefan_Stummer: Master the Elements

rigoletto: The Master of the library

fcharr: The Narrow Path

KickAir_8P: Suzanne: Practice

Millani: The Introspective Mind

Levito: The way to master something is to practice!

Open Entries

wesley_vanroose: The master of the cube’s

Non-competing Entries

Gismo_Wander: The Youtube way to master Blender

Helge: Nuremberg Funnel

Boder: The Way

2 Likes

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 913 with votes from 43.8% of the voters is… linuus!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Fruit Of One’s Labor

4 Likes

Congrats linuus, and thanks to the people who voted for mine!

This week my votes went to tylerkjkjkj’s Try Fail Try Again (been there, done that), Levito’s The way to master something is to practice! (evocative), and Millani’s The Introspective Mind (snazilly sureal). Also enjoyed Helge’s Nuremberg Funnel (looks painful), Gismo_Wander’s The Youtube way to master Blender (I’ve watched some of those!), wesley_vanroose’s The master of the cube’s (magical), Levito’s The way to master something is to practice! (evocative), fcharr’s The Narrow Path (that’s a hard limit), rigoletto’s The Master of the library (knowlege is power!), Stefan_Stummer’s Master the Elements (especially like your earth-rocks), Victor2’s A foggy morning… (love the architecture), linuus’s Fruit Of One’s Labor (realistic), T1chy’s Hammer time! (mastery forged in fire), tylerkjkjkj’s Try Fail Try Again (been there, done that), and Ira_R’s Turn on your brain (thoughtful).

2 Likes

Congratulations, linuus. I thought that was winemaking at first. But I know the Belgians are known for their beer and it has wheat as the first ingredient.

Can you explain the glass? Is that a beer glass or a wine glass or both? Where do you live?

That’s a very classy winning image Blender community!

2 Likes

My votes went to:

“Suzanne: Practice”: I thought that was inspired and really great honestly. I don’t know if everyone understands the history behind that image!
“The Introspective Mind”: Donuts! LOL. Funny but also pretty image.
“The Master of the Cubes”: I liked the whole vibe of this. Very nice lighting and palette. Composition. Decently clever idea.

Honorable mention to “The Narrow Path”, I am intrigued by this image. Couldn’t figure out what that structure was. (would have voted but grass lacked shadows, structure was oddly asymmetrical, texture was kind of uniformly similar)

Furthermore, nice render “Try Fail Try Again” (I just found that screen unappealing (although accurate))
nice render “The Master of the Library” (I like libraries (it was just too small and hard to see what was going on in the center))
nice render “The Way to Master Something is to Practice!” (nice interior lighting and scene) I couldn’t get over the chair. And I also didn’t like the empty frame on the wall (for purely superficial aesthetic reasons) it gives me a strange feeling like a song not resolving on its final note. I see only now it is really part of the story. Maybe the frame could be leaning up against the drawing table, resting on the floor.

2 Likes

I tried making a thicker, more newly poured beer foam at first but couldn’t get it realistic enough in time! So I can see why you would mistake it for wine!

The glass is modelled after the kind of beer glasses I have at home, I don’t know what they are called but they are for beer tasting.

1 Like

3, 2, 1,… here we go again: