Challenge #915 "lovecraftian horror" (01/01/21) Entries CLOSED

I’m getting ready to make a fish stock with dryed squid, it’s like you read my mind😁.
It’s a new recipe I’m getting ready to make never been made yet it’s going to be one of my specialty dishes.

Nice,
but the eyes are too flat, have you tried to make holes and just put a little point light in it. With a bit tweak it can look much better. Make the holes a bit reflective or shiny.

Maybe one or two lights on the ship too.

Now i am hungry :smiley:
(not my entry, the cthu-lu-que stripes are painted in gimp)

3 Likes

I’ll give it a go.

Tried adding point lights in the eyes and emissive lights on the boat but it didn’t look better.

An Ordinary Kitchen

Pure, Cycles

1 Like

Nudhulhu

Open entry. The background is an HDRi, everything else was made with Blender.

Meet Nudhulhu, Cthulhu’s less famous cousin. He might not be as dangerous as Cthulhu, but when the dinner you prepared for your date turns into Nudhulhu all of a sudden, you’ll wish Cthulhu were there to eat you alive instead.

Initially I wasn’t planning on participating this week, but today, after randomly seeing a Cthulhu painting somewhere else (and maybe also inspired by @Helge’s entry) the word noodle-lhu came to my mind, and I knew I just couldn’t let a pun go unpunished

8 Likes

Pure entry,
I was inspired by Doom for this. The textures are procedural and painted.

Happy New Year everybody !! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Title: Hugs from Cthulhu

Non-Competing

First time posting, apologies if I’ve done something wrong.

1 Like

Cthulhu Rising

Non-competing (pure)

2.91, Eevee, 128 samples, 4K render, denoiser, ocean modifier, sapling tree for lightning

I’m on winter break from school so finally have some time for fun. So some sculpting and eevee fun. Great renders so far. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Pits

“Starting second week of exploration. More rooms of pits and lotsa alien cables everywhere. Nothing uneventful, except for Ellie that insisted on saying she saw one of the cable thingy moved. Clark kicked it a few times then to show nothing happened, only to made her went into ultra-histeric mode. She’s been like that ever since she ‘tripped’ on those things last week, see details on previous journal. Anyway, not sure if this space shrine has it but still need to find some valuables or we’ll miss that big bonus, so gotta keep those two in check until then.”

Non-competing. Cycles, procedural textures, post-pro in GIMP.

Btw, looks like we have enough octopuses to make mythical takoyaki !

2 Likes

You guys cracked me up with all the BBQ’s :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Creepy! I love it, nice lighting.

So long and thanks for the fish.
https://youtu.be/f-jvlmyL_jc
I’ll just waddle off. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like