Challenge #916 "Beautiful Wasteland" (08/01/21) Entries CLOSED

“DOW :arrow_up: (+0.32 %)”
Pure, Cycles.

12 Likes

Yes it all procedural. An I was going to put a house there then I deleted it but I forgot to delete the cube.

there node tree an model if you want to try an create your own. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Guys, This is my first time entering in over a year or two. Cool to see some of you still here and kicking!
My entry is Pure (Maybe Open), 2048 cycles samples. Made all the assets this weekend purely for this. The Radio telescope is loosely based off the Soviet RT-70, and textured with Poliigon assets (minus the ‘87’ decal, that was Photoshop). The Mountains and relevant texture maps were generated in Houdini (Hence the ‘maybe open’ classification). Final grade done in Lightroom, and border added in Photoshop.
I was inspired by the eeriness of Bladerunner 2049 for the ‘Wasteland’ bit, and after recently catching up with the TV series ‘The Expanse’, I thought something space related would be quite fitting, and would suit the ‘beautiful’ part.
Thanks

7 Likes

ABANDONED CITY

PURE ENTRY
Hey guys!! This is my first time participating in a challenge .The idea is based on the desert. I used soft toned colors. All Done in cycles

3 Likes

Those mountains contribute a lot to the impact of your image IMHO – if it were me I’d call it Open.

1 Like

@danchristie25
I would personally rate it pure, the mountains in the scene are a background object. It’s very similar to the mountains in my scene which I rated pure.
(They are simply a Textures.com texture that has been modified in the node editor)

But yeah, it’s up to each person what they feel is Pure.

I think I’ve seen that canyon before :wink:
Nice work I like it.

5 Likes

I like the lightning, it improves the scene a lot. :slight_smile: The artistic reflection is nice too.
Just the middle dino, i can not get into the orientation of it. It is disturbing me.

Hello! I’m excited to be entering again for the first time in ages! It’s cool to see the many of the regulars still going strong (you know who you are :wink:). I 'll try to join in as much as I can!
Here’s my entry:

Wastes of white

Pure
This bunny is enjoying the show in what many could consider a frozen wasteland.
Made in Cycles with generated textures.

6 Likes

It’s an old project from past weekend challenge#888 … I’ve posted it for comparison because Victor2 made almost the same canyon and even camera has similiar angle :wink:

Now I see what you mean :sweat_smile:. Just 1000 years later after the dinosaurs drank almost all the water :wink:.

Binary Sunset

Open - the person is a 3d scan I downloaded, but everything else is pure Blender built this weekend (including sculpting a hood on her outfit).

4 Likes

You have made a great job I like Your work.

Title: Wasted City

Open

Second time posting, sorry if I broke any rules.

Cycles, Used Sapling to make the tree.

2 Likes

Lava wastelands…
Open… I’ve used some things from my previous projects…

3 Likes

Fallen Views

Open, Cycles 48 samples. Ship Model “Munificent Class Frigate” by Admiral Tributon (Sketchfab)

3 Likes

Thanks. Dito :smiley:. I like your Lavaland a lot.