Challenge #917 "ABOMINATION" (15/01/21) Entries CLOSED

Looks like I picked the wrong contest thread to come back to. Oh well. Guess its back to donuts I go, they don’t complain or express political or views on everyone just trying to create artworks. Been fun you all, might see you again in another few months.

Love this one reminds me of the fur balls of Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath, you got my vote that’s for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Off-topic discourse has been moved out of this topic. I really don’t want to temp lock this, so please everyone, keep off-topic discussion where it belongs. Thank you.

6 Likes

Wings of Destiny

Pure entry, 500 samples. Started out with the Undercity guard in mind, and then moved it laterally.

2 Likes

the tribble you must have gone through :wink:

1 Like

I’ll be in next WC I just got my tablet and stuff out today from my crashed pc case and installing all the software I use on my new one. :roll_eyes:
I’m trying to figure out the new setup in 2.9 the smoke sim wasn’t there in physics like it used to be had to watch a tut to find it.🤦
Got some new software I never used before too.

It does seem to have a pretty abominable taste :laughing:. I was going for something food related too. I don’t know if i’m going to find the time to finish it.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Split from Weekend Challenge

Title: Brooding Mawlek from Hollow Knight

Pure

1 Like

Title: Ketchup

Pure (except for the text i don’t know if it means it’s open…)
I would have liked to make the toasts and ketchup material a little better, but i’m pretty proud of the eggs :slight_smile: . Have a nice week everyone

4 Likes

Well, that escalated quickly. Who would have thought that things would start to burn that fast as soon as you stop monitoring the forum closely for a few days. (The same happened to our microwave oven two days ago… I guess, something is going on.)

I just did a quick google search on that topic. There actually seem to be a LOT of political donuts out there. :wink: However, ‘gruel’ seems to be a good choice (for once).

Title: Collusus
Pure Entry

I think it’s obvious where I got my inspiration. New season of Attack on Titan is out and the manga is almost over. I felt inspired.

3 Likes

Fresh cocktail

Pure entry (except the wood texture that is downloaded), cycles

5 Likes

Oh yes! I need to Finnish one piece and then I will watch aot but I am excited. Maybe I should do some nice fan art as well.

Pure Entry

Title… Sadzilla

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that! :hot_face:

Somehow that reminds me – last year you said you’d post how you made Pluto’s texture with procedural noise and vertex-Painting after you got home – it’s been a while, could you please?

Oh, great and really creepy. I think on my next diet I’ll hang this on the fridge. :wink:

“Breakout”

Pure, Cycles, Blender 2.9x, Composting mostly in Blender- some in Krita

So hyped to be finally back participating in these challenges! Last minute work, as always.

6 Likes

Spaghetti Cutter

Non-competing (pure).

Shortly after it hit the market, the Italian authorities already banned the usage or reselling of the spaghetti cutter, alleging that this was “the biggest crime committed against the Italian people ever since Hawaiian pizza was invented”.

I spent most of my time trying to the get rigid body sim to properly simulate spaghetti, but I have to give up in the end and position them by hand. :frowning:

1 Like

Obscurus…

I watched with my daughter Fantastic beast and this is my version of that abomination called obscurus. PURE Eevee

2 Likes