• pelemele
  • Xeofrios
  • Boder
  • Karmon
  • Watndit
  • BlenderSplendor
  • fcharr

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Feb 17, 2021 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20210221-wc

Pure Entries

Blutag: Resistance Is Futile

KickAir_8P: Suzannes’ First Contact

rigoletto: First Contact - Search for life

2Rock: Farout Farside

Victor2: On the way to the first contact.

unyxium: Unexplored Planet

Jerebou: Cube

Alex_Keursten: Aliens

pelemele: Mimicus diabolicus maximus horribilis

Xeofrios: Within Reach

Boder: Dewpies in a Night Forest

Karmon: First contact

Watndit: Nice Aliens

Open Entries

BlenderSplendor: Happy Contact Day

(I used MakeHuman for the crowd of people & textures.com for the textures. The rest was done in Blender in about 4 hours.)

fcharr: Venus Encounters Mars

(Open entry, 1000 samples. Didn’t intend on making it valentine’s themed, but here it is, staring the actors in In the Shadows :: Underneath a Gas Lamp (franciscocharrua.com).)

Non-competing Entries

purbosky: Arrival

Helge: Lucky Punch

*(Fortunately, I could reuse some stuff from previous challenges to counter the problem. :wink:

Head from #880 “Organized Chaos”:
Glove from #646 “Bad Idea”:
And eyes from #917 “ABOMINATION” (Which I never finished.))*

Millani: Breaking the Ice

2 Likes

Weellll :poop: I thought I had until tomorrow to finish. :roll_eyes:
I’ll post my semi finished render it still has a little work to do on it but, over all I like the way it’s turning out.
Good work everyone. :+1:

Congratulations to all who participated and made the challenge fun and great.
Would still be nice to see your render, Midnight.

“Happy Contact Day” is my favorite. It feels very complete and a little bit out-of-the-box (even though it has a lot of boxes in it!). I think the lens distortion works and the aliens are cute and funny.

I also voted for rigoletto, who took the theme into a place deeply human.

And I went with unyxium, who I thought made a very detailed and pleasing alien landscape.

For this, I learned how to use volumetric lighting and the mist pass to add atmosphere to my image. I tried to get the right angle to emphasize the enormity of the flying saucer that had just landed far out in the forest. I hope someone got a chuckle about the little alien head looking at the camera…

1 Like

The alien looking at the camera is kinda scary tbh

1 Like

Look mum I am saving behind the scenes now!

The model is actually till the rib cage but I didn’t show it here

It is a sad feeling when your model looks better in the viewport than in the render

6 Likes

Man, no one likes Star Trek anymore, my entry went to the bottom! :sweat_smile: This theme didn’t inspire me much though…

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 921 with votes from 40.7% of the voters is… unyxium!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Unexplored Planet

3 Likes

I wouldn’t go so far. :wink: However, I have to admit that Star Trek producers made a lot of questionable decisions over the last few years. (Or maybe, I’m just getting old.)

Well this is an interesting result. It’s my first submission after a few-month-long break from these challenges.

Now I need to think of a theme.

1 Like

A belated congrats to unyxium, and thanks to both of you who voted for mine! This week my votes went to Watndit’s Nice Aliens, 2Rock’s Farout Farside, and Victor2’s On the way to the first contact. Plenty of great entries this week!