Challenge #923 "Shop" (26/02/21) Entries CLOSED

Title: Magic Shop in Dungeon
Entry: Open

More details in my finished projects:

3 Likes

MagicMouse Shop

Pure, cycles, 2048 samples, ~15min. rendertime
All made in blender, the texture for the book is painted in gimp, used a downloaded font for the big shop sign. Spent more time as planned, around 12 hours, but i guess it is one of my better results.

added a character

4 Likes

Trainsssssssssssss!

2 Likes

Trains cult? anyone?

2 Likes

Thank you for supporting the train movement!

2 Likes

It is my sovereign duty to support the train movement. after all. We are allā€¦ a train. Thus sparks the beginning of the train.

1 Like

Here is the train cult discussion post.

2 Likes

Thanks for moving the trains.

2 Likes

Guess there is one in the crowd no matter what. SMH

Soup Stand (Pure)(Cycles)

ItĀ“s a robot that makes soup because itĀ“s cold outside.

4 Likes

Tailor Shop

This is a pure entry. I had a good weekend, made this in Blender 2.92. I used cycles to render the image. Cycles rendering is taking so much time, so i rendered this image with 50% of the resolution.

5 Likes

Work in progress, unfinished
I was going for a Photoshop Behind the scenes, in the shop, kind of thing but Iā€™m not gonna have time to finish
Nice entries everyone

3 Likes

Hi Aravind,

nice entry! I can already see a lot of votes flowing in that direction.

That is what I do all the time. :wink:
However, based on the look of the noise present in the image, I guess that you are rendering with a rather high sample count. Iā€™m pretty sure that you can get rid of most of that noise by activating one of cycles denoising options. Of course, I donā€™t know the details of that scene, but with proper denoising you should be able to render a higher res version of that image with a lower amount of samples, less noise and time to spare. (Btw.: If you havenā€™t already, activating ā€œAdaptive Samplingā€ may also save you some time.)

1 Like

Thank You Helge. I rendered this with 320 samples with openimage denoise enabled. Openimage denoise makes the render silky smooth, some of the details like the small part of the tape on the left hand just disappeared. So, I mixed a little bit of that noisy image in there.

1 Like

I see, denoising and especially artificial intelligence based denoising can be like gambling. :wink:

No time for CG right now. If I could enter my idea is an abandoned post apocalyptic food supermarket interior. Looted centuries ago. Decayed, damaged, grungy, plants growing in it. Just inside, along a row of empty shelves, a deer grazes on some plants. Foreground near the camera a primitive hunter with a bow takes aim. His semi-tattered clothes are animal fur, coarse handmade cloth, leather, and some ornaments. His body is thin but not starved. Scars, pocks, a twisted finger, evidence of disease and injury. Painted designs on his skin are decoration and symbols of his tribe and spirits. His clothes, tools, ornaments use a few pieces of metal and plastic from the forgotten world.

ā€œLittle wizardā€™s shopā€ (Pure Eevee)

(Iā€™m getting into things that are too complicated at the moment and I canā€™t finish them the way I would like ^^ ')

5 Likes

1940ā€™s Shop. Pure Cycles.

It has been nearly 7 months since Iā€™ve even opened Blender, so I was pretty happy with my first work on here.

1 Like

Suzanneā€™s Candy Shop

Non-competing (pure). Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

4 Likes

The pink donuts at the right looking really unhealty :smiley:

1 Like