Challenge #926 "Jane Doe" (19/03/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #926 for Friday 19th of March 2021 is:

Jane Doe

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Mar 22, 2021 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: DJ
grafik
pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

And a few additional details from @MayhemTilda:

Synonyms, if they help : “Jane Doe” (for females) are multiple-use names that are used when the true name of a person is unknown or is being intentionally concealed. (OR) such names are often used to refer to a corpse whose identity is unknown or unconfirmed (OR) such names are also often used to refer to a hypothetical “Everyman”. (OR) any meaning suits the theme.

1 Like

Hm, it is an animal theme right? :smiley:

https://www.dict.cc/?s=DOE

No, wait, it is a new case of “Breakfast Crime”, Jane Doenut :smiley:

1 Like

nice - ideas are already starting with crime and stuff :laughing:

1 Like

Homonyms :man_teacher:

or potato-potatoe

1 Like

Well … close … at least “Jane” rhymes with “train”…
Do I see “Jane da Train”?

1 Like
2 Likes

This ain’t no train theme!

1 Like

Quick, we must appease the common folk somehow. They with their love of trains. Throw them a bone. Staunch the revolt.

well you can make a train and call her “Janus the Tank Engine” :thinking: :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Duh :woman_shrugging:

more like “Jane Not Train” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

“Let’ s go to Doe!”

Open

2 Likes

A Jane Doe in Chalk Outline

Pure entry, Eevee render, 64 samples in 2.92.0. Golden Triangles composition, 5x8 aspect ratio, 35mm focal length, grayscale. Thing I did for this that I’ve never done in Blender before: grease pencil, hand-drawn, demonstrating why I’m a 3D artist! :flushed: For purity I made the chalk brush texture fresh in Blender.

JDSuzanneChalk017packed.blend (1.5 MB)

ChalkNoise003.blend (1.0 MB)

Edited to add: just in case somebody doesn’t get the crime scene chalk outline trope, here’s a link.

8 Likes

Breakfast Killer stikes again

Pure, cycles 256 samples, rendertime ~1:30min., opendenoiser, all made in blender, only procedural textures

“The Baker Paper”
Today is another sad day in Baker Town. In the morning a slaughtered donut is found at “Grandma’s Inn”. The victim is the half eaten ‘Jane Doenut’. Left in her bloody strawberry jam she died at age of just 2 days. This case is just similar to the first few month ago. Is a serial killer between us? The cops are on alert. We appeal to all donut lovers. Please eat us up, enjoy us fully so we can go into donut heaven.

update: improved the strawberry jam and the table cover

6 Likes

"Deer Doe Skull"

non competing, Cycles (128 samples, adaptive sampling, NLM denoising), Blender 2.92.0

5 Likes

Old crime scene photo

Pure - Cycles, 200 Samples, rendertime ~ 6 min.
I used textures in the compositer to simulate the old look. And a ColorRamp for the sepia color.

5 Likes

Wide Awake

Open entry, 1000 samples. I hope no one minds the nudity.

You know I think you can better. It’s hard to say exactly why one nude is art and another is tasteless, but somehow this is low on taste. I challenge you, as an artist, to start over and do a pure entry that raises the level a bit.

1 Like