• HazelQ
  • MayhemTilda
  • Boder
  • DG_CG
  • Karmon
  • Ledger9o9
  • rigoletto

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Mar 31, 2021 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20210405-wc

Pure Entries

Gismo_Wander: Suz-Boson

Jerebou: Suzannes vs The Cube

Zorro_Weaver: Deleted

3dnotguru: ai suzanne

MonkeYceBear: Suzzia

fcharr: Planet Tree

Steah: Suzanne in the garden

Millani: The Call of Suzanne

2Rock: Progress, progress, progress…damn

Levito: Suzanne is breaking out

HazelQ: Suzanne shaped hole in a fuschia coloured plastic cube

MayhemTilda: On the Menu

Boder: It’s Suz Anne in a Box

DG_CG: Suzanne Still Life

Open Entries

Karmon: Surrounded

(Open… Composition made in GIMP…also I’ve used some materials from my others projects.)

Ledger9o9: image

(Open Eevvee mtree addon, postproduction in snapseed)

rigoletto: I curse you, god, i curse you all

(Open, cycles, 2048 samples, opendenoiser, rendertime ~10min., used an hdri from hdrihaven.com and a model from rigmodels.com, inspired by a movie.)

Non-competing Entries

FlyingBanana: Fly Monkey Fly!

Zorro_Weaver: Default cube delete poster bulletin

Helge: Lucky Strike

Xeofrios: How Materials are Made

Boder: Suzanne :heart: Cube

david.speer: Reflections of a Cube

KickAir_8P: Suzanne’s Fuchsia Amarylis

I may or may not have been trying to simulate the complex fourier series in geometry nodes for the past week based on your comment.

3 Likes

Nice! This must be what they had in mind when they coined the phrase EVERYTHING nodes.

1 Like

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 927 with votes from 48.6% of the voters is… HazelQ!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Suzanne shaped hole in a fuschia coloured plastic cube

2 Likes

A wealth of lovely art everybody, thanks so much, and congrats to @HazelQ! Hard as it was to choose (even with three votes), this time my votes went to @fcharr’s “Planet Tree” (excellent surrealist setup, love the composition and the split-complementary / triad hue palette), @DG_CG’s “Suzanne Still Life” (given the impact of the Painterly {a paid-for addon} effects I would’ve called this open, but I really enjoyed the composition, colors, and light/shadow), and @MonkeYceBear’s “Suzzia” (my favorite “what it says on the tin” take on the theme).

Also very much enjoyed david.speer’s “Reflections of a Cube” (snazzy), Boder’s “Suzanne :heart: Cube” (sweet!), Xeofrios’s “How Materials are Made” (ouch!), Helge’s “Lucky Strike” (nice use of the Cast modifier), FlyingBanana’s “Fly Monkey Fly!” (wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!), rigoletto’s “I curse you, god, i curse you all” (evocative), Ledger9o9’s “image” (dystopian), Karmon’s “Surrounded” (lovely use of color and light), Boder’s “It’s Suz Anne in a Box” (boing-oing-oing!), MayhemTilda’s “On the Menu” (disturbingly tasty-looking), HazelQ’s “Suzanne shaped hole in a fuschia coloured plastic cube” (excellent use of absence), Levito’s “Suzanne is breaking out” (I feel it in my bones), 2Rock’s “Progress, progress, progress…damn” (::giggle!::), Millani’s “The Call of Suzanne” (completely cubic), Steah’s “Suzanne in the garden” (lovely sunlight), 3dnotguru’s “ai suzanne” (ominious), Zorro_Weaver’s “Deleted” (good point), Jerebou’s “Suzannes vs The Cube” (defiant), and Gismo_Wander’s “Suz-Boson” (quantum enthusiasm). Special mention to rigoletto’s “Flowers in my Head”, liked that.

6 Likes

Interesting thing, I think Steah going for realism meant the cube was hard to get in there. Without the cube I might have gone for it. Congrats on a close 2nd.

rigoletto seems to make stuff I like: +1 for “I curse you, god…”
MayhemTilda came out of nowhere with a super creative idea (love that drink!): +1 “On the menu”
HazelQ just nailed it (great render, all the essential elements, nothing extraneous): +1 “Suzanne shaped hole…”

Some of these crack me up (Suzanne in space, Suzanne flopping against a wall, Suzanne kissing a cube (yes I crack myself up :laughing:), Suzanne in funny-looking sunglasses)

I don’t think I got all the references if anyone wants to take the time to explain them, specifically Ledger9o9 and rigoletto (are these both movie references?).
rigoletto… 2001 or Planet of the Apes?
Ledger… superhero movie like The Rocketeer, Superman, or Batman?

1 Like

:hugs: hehe, heart u too @Boder

awesome works all around - amazed to find out all the things u can do too with only a few items :grinning: :smiley:

shout out to @HazelQ for flooring us :heartpulse:

and @KickAir_8P for coming up with this topic , Brilliant! :fist_right:

and Everyone else for all the efforts and works around :love_you_gesture:t4: :love_you_gesture:t4:

4 Likes

What is the thing on the left of your image? A napkin, table cloth, or bowl with clipping?

1 Like

hehe , its a thick napkin (bit of a shader issue :zipper_mouth_face:)

Maybe Blender World is only inhabited by Suzannes and the napkin is the bib that the Big Suzanne is wearing as she is about to eat the Little Suzanne.

Monkey see, Monkey Do

Becomes

Monkey See, Monkey Eat! (cue Duh, duh duh music)

Afterall it’s a Monkey-eat-Monkey world out there

1 Like

wow this is like the greatest comment ever written :rofl:

solves so many questions as well :thinking:

also Earth is not flat, it is Suzanne Shaped Earth!! Wake up, People!

Btw: Huge wave, right ahead:

Congrats HazelQ ! All entries were great this week.

Theoritically you can draw EVERYTHING, though it would probably require hundreds of the “iteration” nodes. Also I don’t know how to calculate the intial rotation and radius values. Wonder if it would be possible to calculate the values and generate the node tree through a script.

Fourier.blend (1.2 MB) (Blender 2.93)

PLANET OF THE APES (1968) - Lady Liberty Destroyed

Thanks for the comment, @Boder. I was aiming to have the cube be one of those ornaments that every garden seems to accumulate. Perhaps I should have gone with a wider shot, and had it dangling from a stake.

Thanks for all the votes! I hope to participate in these challenges more often.

1 Like