• rigoletto
  • HazelQ
  • xamenzie
  • Karmon
  • DG_CG
  • Boder
  • texasfunk101

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Apr 14, 2021 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:

Pure Entries

2Rock: The Gate to Shangrila?

Space-G: Offer your hearts

AravindCG: From the sea

KickAir_8P: Suzanne Colossus

iderdown: Theys Return

Millani: The Gates of Hell

Steah: Thunderstorm

zeroskilz: Subject 4

Nate_Sycro27: The Colossal Cup

Levito: When Worlds Collide

Zorro_Weaver: The colossal dragon

catblue44: Colossus

Open Entries

fcharr: The Big Money

(Open entry, 1000 samples. All models were taken from previous entries:
Crazy Hats :: Beyond the Wall of Pink (franciscocharrua.com)
NIL :: The Empty Set (franciscocharrua.com)
My Home Town :: Frozen in Time (franciscocharrua.com)
Flight :: On Wings of an Angel (franciscocharrua.com)
There Is A First Time For Everything :: Original Science (franciscocharrua.com))

rigoletto: Hello, big

(Open, cycles 1024 samples, <30sec. rendertime, used an hdri from hdrihaven.com and ANT terrain generator for some mountains, that i joined and merged together with shrinkwrap and merged by distance, which works surprising good.)

HazelQ: Ghostly Colossus

(Open - the colossus was created using Makehuman, the foreground character is a 3D scan, and the foliage is botaniq. I’ve mostly focussed on the volumetric shaders.)

xamenzie: The Myth of Sisyphus

(Open : Basically all done in Blender instead the overlay texture, i simply trace an image for the silhouette and final touches in photoshop.)

Karmon: Colossal duel

(Open. I’ve used my mech model from challenge #920 also composition is made in GIMP)

DG_CG: Colossal Ruins

(Open (Lions are photoscans from threedscans.com, textures are from texture haven and/or cc0textures.com))

Boder: The Tower to Heaven

(Open (used a lot of GIMP))

texasfunk101: The Lonely Cliff

(Open Entry (Make Human, and the sky background))

Non-competing Entries

Helge: Bigfoot

1 Like

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 929 with votes from 43.9% of the voters is… HazelQ!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Ghostly Colossus

6 Likes

Congrats HazelQ, and thanks to the four of you who voted for mine! Plenty of great renders to choose from – this week my votes went to @fcharr 's “The Big Money” (cute piggy!), @Zorro_Weaver 's “The colossal dragon” (snazzy sculpt, effective shading), and @xamenzie 's “The Myth of Sisyphus” (magnificent light & shadow).

3 Likes

Thanks! The shading was quite simple and last minute, although I do admit it worked, I am working on several different versions, to test out different techniques. I voted for you, because even though other people had more realistic renders, yours stood out to me, probably because of the unique idea. You also made a really cool limestoney shader.

1 Like

Thanks! I was about to say it was supposed to be a sandstone shader, but then I checked: The Great Sphinx of Giza, which I was parodying, is limestone. :flushed: Oops. Glad you liked it anyway!

1 Like

I thought it looked limestoney because of the layers, and even though it was a sand color, it could easily just be covered by some sand.

1 Like

Tough competition. Congrats @HazelQ