Challenge #930 "An Accident" (16/04/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #930 for Friday 16th of April 2021 is:

An Accident

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Apr 19, 2021 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Oooups!
grafik
pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Not calling dibs, just mentioning that I’m working on A Spill of Suzannes. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Why i get every time such complicated scenes in my mind that i cant get off and want to model that,
low shot on big tree in the background, defocused,
grass near,
and an ant smashed by a fallen cherry. :smiley:

4 Likes

Don’t forget to add the flying ambulance and police ants investigating the “accident”. :wink:

4 Likes

Title: Shattered

pure

Was meant to be a motion blur shot of a shattering glass tree ornament, however Blenders physics simulator was making it an explosion rather than a shattering, and I unfortunately have no time to sort it out.

Still, interesting to look at, rendered with LuxCore 2.5

8 Likes

Cherry kiss
Pure, cycles 1024 samples, open denoiser, rendertime ~9min.
All made in blender, just painted the grass mask in gimp, tried a simple modelled leaf, and uses lot skin modifier, which works good. If you want to take a look on it or smash one or two ants by yourself i add the blend-file. :smiley:

Cherry_kiss8.blend (587.4 KB)

For a look on the end of this tragedy, peek here

Summary

No entry

11 Likes

beautiful!

1 Like

Good work bro. I didn’t notice the ant smashed by the cherry at first look. I thought the ants are coming to rescue the cherry. The ant is kind of invisible in the ground. Maybe changing the ground to a brighter colour will make the ants appear more.

1 Like

An Eggsident

Everything made in blender 2.92. pure, cycles 256 samples, open image denoiser.

10 Likes

Yes, but i liked it if you discover something at a second look. So mission accomplished. :slight_smile:
I am an bit unhappy cause the image is too uncalm, for me your eyes have no rest.

Very nice idea with the “Eggsident”.

2 Likes

This is amazing. I love it!

1 Like

DOH!

~Pure

2 Likes

“Tjark Evers”

non competing (pure), Cycles (256 samples + OpenImageDenoise), Blender 2.93.0 Beta

Inspired by the tragic story of Tjark Evers, who on December 23rd 1866 and at the age of 21 decided to pay a surprise visit to his family on christmas. He entered a rowing boat which finally reached the beach in thick fog. Some time after the boat left, he noticed that instead of his home isle Baltrum he had accidentally been left at a shoal. Realising that there was no way for him to survive high tide in the North Sea in winter, he wrote a letter to his family which washed ashored on a different island about two weeks later. Tjark Evers was never found.

8 Likes

A Peel

Open entry, 1000 samples. All models were taken from previous entries and a pet project involving a house and furniture. My lovely model is back, this time she’s wearing something :wink:

7 Likes

Title: Mind your step

pure

5 Likes

Please, Don’t Run!

Pure. HDRI contributes to the lighting, and assets were used out of frame for shadows/reflections.

9 Likes

Yeah, first blood entry :smiley:

Pure entry, cycles 200 samples. HDR from HDRhaven.

3 Likes

A Spill of Suzannes

Pure Entry, cycles, 32 samples in 2.93.0 beta. Golden Triangles composition, 5x8 aspect ratio, roughly square hue palette. Environment map is sunrise.exr (one of Blender’s included studiolights). Can’t say there’s anything here that I’ve never done in Blender before, but I did have fun with the solar tiles material.

3 Likes

Open Entry, Using Lightning Boys Toon Shader (And pre built eye rig)
Too much Chemical X