Challenge #934 "Defeat" (14/05/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #934 for Friday 14th of May 2021 is:

Defeat

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, May 17, 2021 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: done

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

my entry will be inspired by this song: Judas Priest - Dead Meat (1997) - YouTube

That’s the @fcharr I know! Rock on! :metal:

1 Like

De-feet? (you say)

1 Like

Hm, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defeatism
I guess i crush some swasticas and defeat them. :boom:

the feet

pure. cycles 128 samples.

I got the inspiration from the words of @boder and happy elephant slide of @Helge and the soldier ant of @rigoletto :smiley:

8 Likes

Modeled in Blender. Textures in GIMP.
Game Over…

4 Likes

Haha, the game over screen. Playing late into the night, trying to beat that level, and then… that screen, that sound effect, that complete and utter defeat.

1 Like

Or de fête “festive” in French.

1 Like

Nature 1 Mankind 0

Pure

8 Likes

Defeat incoming

pure, eevee 256 samples

if you played Mario kart you know what I mean

7 Likes

Raise the White Flag

Open entry, 1000 samples. All the models were taken from previous entries, even the flag. All the textures are procedural.

sources:
Party Like it is 1999 :: A Night at the Tower (franciscocharrua.com) the soldier
Under the Guardrail :: Over the Boardwalk (franciscocharrua.com) the guard rail
Festival of Colors :: Small Town (franciscocharrua.com) the flag
Repurposed :: Charrua (franciscocharrua.com) the tanks
Remnants :: The Landscape (franciscocharrua.com) the terrain

1 Like

Modeled in blender, cycles rendering. Pure
Dent

3 Likes

Those Who Lost

non-competing

7 Likes

“Ignominious Defeat”

non competing (pure), Eevee, Blender 2.92.0

9 Likes

Getting pawned

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

8 Likes

Ah yes, the proletariat chess piece :wink:

2 Likes

Airstrike

Pure - the cloud is using a geometry node setup I came up with a few weeks ago to add cloudy details on top of a low poly model.

I wasn’t planning to enter this weekend, but I was doodling a nice cloud shape and realised it would look like an explosion if I changed the shaders and lighting.

TBH I have complicated feeings about this given current events. Big explosions look cool but I feel like it’s kind of glorifying violence. Maybe I should remove the military theme, but it’s hard to see how it can be “defeat” unless there’s a conflict of some kind.

5 Likes

I see what you mean. But I don’t think that it has to be a glorification of violence. Like all those anti war movies which still have a high number of explosions. (And in most conflicts every side is loosing in one way or another, anyways.)
That being said, if you want to take this out of the war context: Pompeii was defeated without human contribution. And I guess, it must have been looking quite similar.

3 Likes

“enough: i give up”
pure entry, cycles 1000. comp in blender. wallpaper textures.com.

had some fun playing with particles.

5 Likes