Challenge #940 "Under glass" (25/06/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #940 for Friday 25th of June 2021 is:

Under glass

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jun 28, 2021 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Layers

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Serenity

Another open entry, today being a big holiday here in Quebec, I had more time. I’ll see what I feel like doing over the weekend.

Shiny and transparent objects are really all about the things that exist around them. I modeled the glass, then Imported it into the project that I used to create Bedroom Furniture :: By the Window (franciscocharrua.com). The house that can be seen through the window was taken from Coming Home Again to the Perfect Storm :: Robin the Hood (franciscocharrua.com).

3 Likes

Pure entry

6 Likes

Pure entry

The term ‘under glass’ can refer to a greenhouse, or a glass box used to preserve items (such as that in a museum). I’m fairly amateur at Blender, so any tips/feedback is much appreciated.

7 Likes

Pure entry, Cycles 128 samples denoised and filmic Blender 2.93

“Bug In My Drink!”

5 Likes

“This Human Figure …”

old versions

“… throws a new light on a fascinating ancient race. Although surely stylized it gives answers to some postering questions: …”

[Pure, 1000+Denoise.]
I would loved to add some fog/dust in the air. But I could not handle the noise.

9 Likes

Beast has hidden under the glass

Pure - Blender 2.93 - Cycles / denoise

2 Likes

Open Under a magnifying glass

Cycles, 256 samples with denoising.
The only things I didn’t create myself are the the images of a map, paper with written text on it and the texture I used for the table.

11 Likes

The Truth under Glass

Open

6 Likes

“Old Country Snow Globe”
Pure Cycles All Procedural Textures

15 Likes

The Topic reminded me of Damien Hirsts Shark.
Open Entry, modeled in Blender. The Shark was textured in Quixel Mixer, the other textures are from Blenderkit.

10 Likes

The Virus

Open
skin of virus made procedural in blender and also the glass, the rest is from quixel.

Virus

Glass

9 Likes

Get me out
No entry, all made i blender, hdri vom hdriheaven

4 Likes

pure entry cycles.
here the fishies.

3 Likes

Home from home - Pure

I started out trying to do something more realistic but it became obvious I wouldn’t have time for that, so I went a bit more stylised and simple and I’m pretty happy with it.

5 Likes

Dessert under glass

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

4 Likes

Under glass

OPEN I’ve used my modified glass containers from “Last tree cargo”, also little composition is made in GIMP

6 Likes

The Rose
Obviously inspired by a famous story.

Pure Blender plus I used geometry nodes for the first time. Twice!

4 Likes

Just realized how stupidly short my table is. Doh! Oh well.

2 Likes

Rocky Geode

Pure Entry. Everything modelled from scratch.

4 Likes