Challenge #941 "Doorway to Another Dimension" (02/07/21) Entries CLOSED

NOFROST WORLD
Open
My first entry!
Inspired by the Jurassic Freezer episode of the “Love, Death and Robots” series. The town is Vernazza in Liguria (I live in Genoa) and has been “captured” from GoogleEarth. The character comes from “character creator”. CycleX render 1024 samples.

16 Likes

Doorway to 2Dimension

Open. Blender 3.0 eevee

7 Likes

Nice one. How did you model the buildings? Did you use an add-on or something?

Thanks, the buildings are from google earth. Follow this tutorial - https://youtu.be/xTiZBrwvC7w

1 Like

Hey, this looks like a fun weekly thing to do :slight_smile:

Pure, everything done in Blender, even if compositing was … interesting :sweat_smile:

Hope I did this right since I’ve never been much of a forum person. Just tell me if I should change something!

5 Likes

Outside

Open entry, 1000 samples. Just like last week I used the scene used in Bedroom Furniture :: By the Window (franciscocharrua.com). I took the sun from Lovecraftian Horror :: Cosmic Waves (franciscocharrua.com), and the stars from Astronomy :: My Night Sky (franciscocharrua.com). I use the is Camera Ray function to create the difference between what can be seen through the window and the door.

5 Likes

"Crossing Over"

non competing (pure), Eevee, Blender 2.93.1

13 Likes

Blurred Lines

Pure entry. 256 samples in Cycles. This was a fun one. I made the basic models first, then took a screenshot, then matched the perspective and then modelled the backdrop.

3 Likes

Doors to another dimension. Render on Blender Cycles.

8 Likes

Doorway to another dimension :exploding_head:

Pure - Blender 2.93 - Cycles
This is a very simple thing. These days too busy. Just wanted to participate.
Good luck

2 Likes

When I saw this video I remembered this challenge. Perfectly match :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Such a nice topic, can’t let it to just pass, so here’s WIP of a scifi corridor, one day left to put it in a more damaged state …

4 Likes

Internal Dimension pure entry, cycles.

not sure if the concept worked out for this, but stuck with it.

4 Likes

“Through The Lock”
Used a texture from my library for part of the wall. Busy weekend :wink:

Non Competing.

9 Likes

Change of Scenery
Pure blender 3.0 alpha cycles. I needed some of the new geometry nodes.

6 Likes

Border Between Worlds

That dress, it was the one she wore when we first met on Olympus Mons, more than a decade ago. That lips, the very same smile that stole and sealed my heart. It was her.

Had it not because of the reactivated gravity and life support system, I might have accidentally crossed over the jammed doorway. Beyond was the damaged chamber with exposed circuitry, ready to greet any fools with high voltage embrace.

As much as I yearn for the time I can finally reunited with Olivia, it appears the One up there instead decided that I still got some tasks to complete on this side of world.

Pure entry. Cycles render, post-pro with GIMP.

Clay / workbench render :

11 Likes

“The Iconian Gateway” from Star Trek TNG season 2 episode “Contagion”
It’s meant to be a pure entry, except the city scene in the gateway itself was borrowed from here so maybe that makes it open.

I started to try to develop a few humanoids but I doubt I’ll have time to make them look good enough to include in the scene.

Hope you enjoy it.

1 Like

Never eat Fairy Food

Pure entry, this was a fun way to waste some time away :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cave portal

OPEN… Little composition made in GIMP

5 Likes

A Door Always Leads to Another Dimension
Pure

2 Likes