Challenge #941 "Doorway to Another Dimension" (02/07/21) Entries CLOSED

Thanks, the buildings are from google earth. Follow this tutorial - https://youtu.be/xTiZBrwvC7w

1 Like

Hey, this looks like a fun weekly thing to do :slight_smile:

Pure, everything done in Blender, even if compositing was … interesting :sweat_smile:

Hope I did this right since I’ve never been much of a forum person. Just tell me if I should change something!

5 Likes

Outside

Open entry, 1000 samples. Just like last week I used the scene used in Bedroom Furniture :: By the Window (franciscocharrua.com). I took the sun from Lovecraftian Horror :: Cosmic Waves (franciscocharrua.com), and the stars from Astronomy :: My Night Sky (franciscocharrua.com). I use the is Camera Ray function to create the difference between what can be seen through the window and the door.

5 Likes

"Crossing Over"

non competing (pure), Eevee, Blender 2.93.1

13 Likes

Blurred Lines

Pure entry. 256 samples in Cycles. This was a fun one. I made the basic models first, then took a screenshot, then matched the perspective and then modelled the backdrop.

3 Likes

Doors to another dimension. Render on Blender Cycles.

8 Likes

Doorway to another dimension :exploding_head:

Pure - Blender 2.93 - Cycles
This is a very simple thing. These days too busy. Just wanted to participate.
Good luck

2 Likes

When I saw this video I remembered this challenge. Perfectly match :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Such a nice topic, can’t let it to just pass, so here’s WIP of a scifi corridor, one day left to put it in a more damaged state …

4 Likes

Internal Dimension pure entry, cycles.

not sure if the concept worked out for this, but stuck with it.

4 Likes

“Through The Lock”
Used a texture from my library for part of the wall. Busy weekend :wink:

Non Competing.

9 Likes

Change of Scenery
Pure blender 3.0 alpha cycles. I needed some of the new geometry nodes.

6 Likes

Border Between Worlds

That dress, it was the one she wore when we first met on Olympus Mons, more than a decade ago. That lips, the very same smile that stole and sealed my heart. It was her.

Had it not because of the reactivated gravity and life support system, I might have accidentally crossed over the jammed doorway. Beyond was the damaged chamber with exposed circuitry, ready to greet any fools with high voltage embrace.

As much as I yearn for the time I can finally reunited with Olivia, it appears the One up there instead decided that I still got some tasks to complete on this side of world.

Pure entry. Cycles render, post-pro with GIMP.

Clay / workbench render :

11 Likes

“The Iconian Gateway” from Star Trek TNG season 2 episode “Contagion”
It’s meant to be a pure entry, except the city scene in the gateway itself was borrowed from here so maybe that makes it open.

I started to try to develop a few humanoids but I doubt I’ll have time to make them look good enough to include in the scene.

Hope you enjoy it.

1 Like

Never eat Fairy Food

Pure entry, this was a fun way to waste some time away :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cave portal

OPEN… Little composition made in GIMP

5 Likes

A Door Always Leads to Another Dimension
Pure

2 Likes

Oh, look! It’s a hyperlink. Where will it take you?

1 Like

Nice, but why is he so shocked, i would be positive surprised!? :smiley:
Like a “Woooow, whats that?”

I wish you that a similar situation never happens to you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: