Challenge #941 "Doorway to Another Dimension" (02/07/21) Entries CLOSED

When I saw this video I remembered this challenge. Perfectly match :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Such a nice topic, can’t let it to just pass, so here’s WIP of a scifi corridor, one day left to put it in a more damaged state …

4 Likes

Internal Dimension pure entry, cycles.

not sure if the concept worked out for this, but stuck with it.

4 Likes

“Through The Lock”
Used a texture from my library for part of the wall. Busy weekend :wink:

Non Competing.

9 Likes

Change of Scenery
Pure blender 3.0 alpha cycles. I needed some of the new geometry nodes.

6 Likes

Border Between Worlds

That dress, it was the one she wore when we first met on Olympus Mons, more than a decade ago. That lips, the very same smile that stole and sealed my heart. It was her.

Had it not because of the reactivated gravity and life support system, I might have accidentally crossed over the jammed doorway. Beyond was the damaged chamber with exposed circuitry, ready to greet any fools with high voltage embrace.

As much as I yearn for the time I can finally reunited with Olivia, it appears the One up there instead decided that I still got some tasks to complete on this side of world.

Pure entry. Cycles render, post-pro with GIMP.

Clay / workbench render :

11 Likes

“The Iconian Gateway” from Star Trek TNG season 2 episode “Contagion”
It’s meant to be a pure entry, except the city scene in the gateway itself was borrowed from here so maybe that makes it open.

I started to try to develop a few humanoids but I doubt I’ll have time to make them look good enough to include in the scene.

Hope you enjoy it.

1 Like

Never eat Fairy Food

Pure entry, this was a fun way to waste some time away :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cave portal

OPEN… Little composition made in GIMP

5 Likes

A Door Always Leads to Another Dimension
Pure

2 Likes

Oh, look! It’s a hyperlink. Where will it take you?

1 Like

Nice, but why is he so shocked, i would be positive surprised!? :smiley:
Like a “Woooow, whats that?”

I wish you that a similar situation never happens to you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I second that. A few years back a friend’s fridge broke down, when he was of vacation. When he returned a few weeks later things had developed quite a bit. The architecture was a bit more biological, though. :wink:

3 Likes

@deltaray when you mentioned Star Trek I instantly thought of the Original Series “The City On The Edge Of Forever” Episode, Kudos on the Star Trek reference entry. :slight_smile:

6 Likes