Challenge #945 "Nature" (30/07/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #945 for Friday 30th of July 2021 is:

Nature

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Aug 2, 2021 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Blob

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Challenge 6 had the same topic, sad the links are not working:

I’m using valuable comment space to make myself enter this contest. I’ll be really embarrassed if I don’t enter something after saying I will! I’m having ideas about plants breaking through pavement and whatnot, as cliche as that idea of “nature” is.

edit: yes I am embarrassed. Oops.

3 Likes

Non-competing

Nature can be done too easily now with things such as Vegetation, Botaniq, and grass essentials.

This was a 10 minute effort putting plants you would never find together together.

5 Likes

Lost island

OPEN , picture of sky was taken by my beloved wife, also little composition made in gimp.

3 Likes

I’m going to go out of the box on this one I just thought of an Idea while typing this. :grin:

:sunflower: :tulip: :seedling: Nature :rose: :wilted_flower: :ear_of_rice:

Pure - Blender 2.93 - Cycles
Using the “Ocean” modifier

3 Likes

BC

open entry, 1000 samples. I created a prequel to City of the Future :: Circular Fields. Took the scene and deleted all the structures. Added the trees from Fantastic Greenhouse Challenge :: Glass Cathedral and copied the model from Jane Doe :: Wide Awake: I gave her some shorts, and placed very far from the camera, so no worries. Finally to fill in the empty space close to the camera I added the rabbit from Magical :: The Pullable Rabbit.

4 Likes

Title : (Not so) Still life.

Last minute correction: my wife say that fruit worms are not pink! :scream:

clay render

Open: CycleX 512 denoised and composed in blender.

I have modeled the worm, the basket, and the cloth, fruits comes from external assets.

I take inspiration from “worms” game and this image…

7 Likes

Sunshine on my belly
Pure, cycles 1024 samples, render time ~7min, all made in blender, used geometry nodes for the plants, the love bug texture is painted in blender too, used an hdri image from polyhaven.com for the sun.

Well, iam far from my reference :D

7 Likes

Nature in the midnight

OPEN
I modeled the tree, the rocky mountainous area, the sphere (moon) and the clouds in Blender.
I made the tree and the rocky mountainous area by Mtree and ANT landscape addons
rendered in eevee
Sky light color, stars, moon texture and image processing by Krita.

6 Likes

Pure - Blender
Polygon Forest

3 Likes

“Second Nature”

non competing (pure), Cycles (128 adaptive samples + NLM denoising), Blender 3.0.0 Alpha

8 Likes

“Tree in a Dry Land”
Non Competing
Pure
1024 samples.

4 Likes

Hey guys. I have a scene catching dust on my drive for some time. Is it allowed to rework that and post it for this challenge? I could not re-make that from scratch in time, but has some really nice materials in there. If that is not allowed, I will cook something up for a later challenge :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info!

Sure. Just enter it as an ‘open’ entry and state which parts of the entry have been reused. :slight_smile:
Have fun!

1 Like

Thank you! It is “99%” Blender only, and my own previous work, but I posted it for a challenge elsewhere before, so I will rework it and mention all this in my entry :blush::blush: happy to be here! Thank you!

1 Like

“Garden”
non-competing

Eevee / Resolve

6 Likes

Natural Disaster

Mostly pure but the trees are botaniq - so open I guess?

[edit] updated version with some details added to roofs and some colour grading in the compositor.

7 Likes

Alien Plant, Pure. Cycles.

Comp in Blender, Layer Paint add on used for texture.

6 Likes