Challenge #946 "nostalgic" (06/08/21) Entries CLOSED

@deltaray You get a +1 for adding in the pencil… :wink: very handy tool of the trade.

1 Like

I miss seeing cassette and 8-track tape stretched along roads and tangled in bushes.

2 Likes

Nice. I saw a VHS tape once. BTW, if you search for “cassette tapes on the side of the road” you’ll find some amusing stories and pictures. Nice trip down nostalgia highway.

“Disco, Disco”
non-competing

Eevee

3 Likes

Blénd-Balls

Open, Blender 2.93, Cycles

I’ve seen rigoletto’s Blendagotchi and remembered the pokéballs that I made a few months ago. I reused the model and put some blender-nostalgia inside: Suzanne, the default cube and a donut!

4 Likes

Those Were the Days

I’m keeping the original version on all my social media, this one is exclusively made for the challenge.

Open entry: 1000 samples

The toons were taken from Do Not Stop Me Now :: Supersonic Woman (franciscocharrua.com), and In the Shadows :: Underneath a Gas Lamp (franciscocharrua.com). The set was taken from Ancient Ones :: Metal Gods (franciscocharrua.com). A few other assets were taken from scenes that I’m too lazy to mention :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Pipes Screensaver

Non-competing (pure). Pipes were made with a python script to make them more authentic :upside_down_face:

Anyone remember this screensaver from windows?
I used to love those screensavers as a kid. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I revised my entry to be more interesting.

“Tape Hand”
Pure, Cycles, 3000 samples

7 Likes

Pure Entry
If you ever went to school then these times are the most nostalgic …

3 Likes

Old is gold

Pure - Blender 2.93 - Cycles

Note - For the water illusion followed this tutorial from youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtlSIRh5r_E)

Thank you :heart:

You Can’t Go Home Again

pure, cycles. comp in blender.

3 Likes

Pure. I made this in Blender loosely following a Polygon Runway tutorial. Rendered with cycles. Any feedback would be great. Thanks

6 Likes

Welcome Kirkario, glad you could participate. I like it and noticed the Chemical Brothers poster. :+1:

PURE old radio. Cycles 2048s

4 Likes

Last night of summer.

OPEN , Composition made in GIMP everything rest is Blender,

1 Like

Old times, old games.

Open.

7 Likes

Voting is open. What a great opportunity to revisit all these nice entries again:

Isn’t that nostalgic?

2 Likes

thanks for the welcome! was listening to them while i was modelling

1 Like

I really like this image. Great idea, composition and execution.

1 Like

thank you so much. i loved yours, and funnily enough had to do that this week.