Challenge #947 "Duet" (13/08/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #947 for Friday 13th of August 2021 is:

Duet

And here is a little extra:

For this weekend’s challenge you are encouraged to collaborate with someone else on an entry. It can be someone from the forum, a friend, someone from your family, or whoever. This is also a great way to get someone involved in Blender or help someone learn more about Blender.
Of course, you’re also welcome to participate without a collaborator, but this is a unique opportunity for this weekend’s challenge. :slight_smile:

If you find the time to collaborate with someone else on your entry, just mention them in the entries description. It will be fun to see what everybody comes up with!

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/duet#Noun

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Aug 16, 2021 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: It Takes Two

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So my 8 year old son came up with the idea for having a collaborative contest theme so I’ll be working with him on our non-competing entry. The other thing to keep in mind is that Duet doesn’t have to be about music. You could think of it as “pair”, “double”, etc.

1 Like

What a lovely theme idea!

Congratz for the win,

as i read this post i get an idea for that in mind, the last contest winner creates a simple background as theme, and 2 randomly choosen participants have to create a model for the background, each one for one side on the background without communicate an know what the other is doing. :smiley:

My first thought for “Duet” was:

Great cover but not for a model contest :D, i guess i have to choose something else.

Hm, maybe just a glass wine and some spors on a old wooden table…

The new theme almost reminds me of my entry. Am I onto something :wink:

Duet.blend (2.0 MB)

in case anyone wants to do anything with it.

1 Like

Duet of wine
Open, cycles 128 samples, rendertime ~3sec., composition in blender to fit render to scene, no post processing. Used fspy to get the camera right.
Who needs an AI to fake something if you have blender :smiley:

Unfortunately was not able to get a higher resolution screenshot of the video scene, if someone has one i would appreciate of a source and render this in an higher resolution.

2 Likes

“Duet”
non-competing

Eevee

1 Like

Suzanne and The Cube

Open. Blender 3, Cycles, all procedural materials. Hope you enjoy it.

5 Likes

Pure, Cycles, Blender v2.93.2

4 Likes

Title: Troublesome Duet.
Open: render in CicleX 1024 samples. You all know Vincent …

This week’s topic seemed really difficult to me, but when I managed to get Vincent to drink some Italian wine it became child’s play!
He began to sing and with the reflected image formed a troublesome duet.
P.S. for those who speak Italian there is a second hidden dueT …

8 Likes

Duet

2 Likes

Live at the Eden Tower

Open entry, 1000 samples. I took the scene from Party Like it is 1999 :: A Night at the Tower (franciscocharrua.com), and added 2 copies of the singer in Nostalgic :: Those Were the Days (franciscocharrua.com). Was a big week at work, I was so tired I spent all of my Saturday sleeping.

3 Likes

“Say Hi!”

The kids provided the jungle. :slight_smile:

non competing, Cycles (256 samples + denoising), Blender 3.0.0 alpha

6 Likes

Here is our open non-competing entry.
Title: Piano and Frog duet
My 8 year old son made the lily pad and flower and we developed the scene together. Thanks @fcharr for the model, which made posing the hands easy. We also used Joesan’s frog model from blendswap.

2 Likes

self duet

pure, cycles, blender comp
maybe still stuck on last weekend’s challenge (but mostly wanted to practice hands)

5 Likes

Duet for whole life

PURE, Cycles 2048 samples

5 Likes

Title: In Harmony
Pure, Cycles, 1080 samples

1 Like

Sing along and cast due votes:

In case you can’t get enough of Duets, and want to see more: