Challenge #948 "I Believe I can Fly" (20/08/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #948 for Friday 20th of August 2021 is:

I Believe I can Fly

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Aug 23, 2021 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: The Cube
grafik
pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Hm, a high prison wall and a man i an orange suite spread his wings :smiley:

Night fly
Pure, cycles 64 samples, rendertime ~ 10sec., used optix and composition, all made in blender except using gimp to paint a feather. Turned out complete different what i have in mind, with watchtower and prison building in the back, but the searchlight turns out nice looking as moon i went for a more philosophic result.

funny version :smiley:

old

2 Likes

Freefalling

Open entry, 1000 samples. Took the model from the controversial Jane Doe :: Wide Awake (franciscocharrua.com), the building is from Fear of Heights :: Cityscape (franciscocharrua.com).

1 Like

“I believe i can fly” A mad scientist tries his hover technology! 64 samples evee made in abit over 10 hours!

1 Like

Hello,
OPEN entry “Trollveggen”. Cycles 750s. It is open because MakeHuman software was used. I made suits and some rigging in blender later.

3 Likes

“I believe i can fly”
non-competing

Eevee

3 Likes

this is my is first-ever entry, it is a mechanical pair of wings designed by some sort of scientist as shown by his welding goggles (at the foot of the stand) it links to the theme as he heavily believes the wings will work and will be able to fly and become something greater i created all models myself and solemnly used blender to create this, hope you like it, enjoy

6 Likes

"I Want To Believe"

non competing (pure), Cycles (128 adaptive samples + OpenImageDenoise), Blender 3.0.0alpha

Starhopper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RziLyL44mSM
SpaceX Super Heavy booster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VrglzVbElA
Nerdle Cam 4K- SpaceX Starship Launch Facility: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTA0GTgFn5E

Wenhop: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wen%20hop

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see all 29 of those raptor engines blast off. Love this one, star hopper was the best. Cute little fella next to the massive Starship and Booster.

2 Likes

Mayday, Mayday

Open, Blender 2.92, Principled Volume for the background and the tornado. Lens Distortion and Box mask in the Compositor.

5 Likes

Indeed, that will be a most spectacular thing to see. And to hear. It will probably also be a good idea to send earplugs to everyone nearby in Texas and Mexico. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Prototype 948

Old

Open entry, cloud background from Unsplash. Cycles render, procedural textures, post pro with Gimp.

6 Likes

Man of faith , Pure Cycles with a HDRI i don’t remember the origin of

Placeholder

3 Likes

I Believe I Can Fly

Pure - Blender 2.93

Tried to do something for entry, but it’s not good. sorry about that

2 Likes

Pure entry eevee

with a loving nod to Pingu and the great flash games Learn to Fly.

I believe We can fly there…

OPEN,Little composition made in GIMP

1 Like

I Belive I Can Fly…

Pure entry, Cycles.
All materials are created procedurally, all post-processing (some highlights and color correction) in the composer.
The style is inspired by old stop-motion cartoons from my childhood.
Not all ideas were realized (golden castle or the blimp in the sky, instead of planes in the background, some birds and completely different houses with more detailed background of “real” world), but consider the time and amount of from scratch work - I hope it looks good enough)

6 Likes

I believe, we can start voting now: